Hi,

Ive always struggled to reach the listed cut speeds with my max100, i have tried a number of things to cure it but never really got to the bottom of it, ive changed the main contactor on advice from another person but no real difference.

The cuts i was making yesterday were in 8mm steel, the book doesnt have a speed for 8mm but it should be somewhere around 1400mm/min, arc voltage 118-120v, my max speed is somewhere around 1200mm/min, at 120v the cut height seems a little low, would that be normal if the cut speed was too low? I find i get a reasonable amount of top dross, a kind of light splatter on either side of the cut, i get sparks from the top of the material when i near the max speed i can get to before the arc doesnt completely cut the material, i also get some dross on the bottom of the material, suggesting cut speed is low, i also get big gouges in my slats, as you would expect if cut speed was low, the arc also seems to trail the torch, kind of what you would expect when pushing toward the max cut speed, this leads to a bevel particularly when rounding corners.

Does anybody have any ideas what it could be? I have clean dry air, my consumables are genuine and new.

I will take some pictures later

Matt