586,103 active members*
3,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Water Table Build for DynaCNC table.

I thought I would share my water table build for my DynaCNC Dual Plasma/Router table. I have been using the machine for wood routing for the last 7 years but have now decided to build a water table so I can use it for Plasma cutting. I also plan on building a table that will mount to the water table so I can again use it for wood routing when needed.

Attached are pictures of the table. I had a 16 gauge stainless pan made from a 5x10 sheet bent with 4 sides that are 4.5" deep. I attached a drain to four 35 gallon plastic barrels that I got off of craigslist for $10 each and attached air connections to the tops of the barrels.

The only thing I spent any real money on was the stainless table. The barrel setup works better than I thought it would. Turn the drain valve and all the water drains into the barrels, put 10psi or less air pressure in the air connection and the table fills in less than 4 minutes.

I still have to make the slat supports but so far I am very happy with this setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01173s.jpg   DSC01176s.jpg   DSC01175s.jpg  

That's a nice set up you're working on there. Be sure to post pics of what you're doing for the slats. Thanks for sharing

Hopefully I can post more pics this weekend. I ordered the slat mounting materials this week along with welding supplies I need to put it all together. I'm also cutting down the MDF table I built that was used for routing that covered the entire table before I installed the water table. I will make that table fit inside of the water table pan. When I want switch from plasma to routing I will drain the table, remove the slats and slat supports and drop in the routing table. It will take some time to switch back and forth but worth it to be able to use the table for both Plasma and Routing.

Completed the slat supports.

Attached are pictures after I completed the slat supports and installed the slats. I made the supports removable so I can remove the slats and supports and install my router table in the pan when I want to use the router.

Since the slat supports are just resting in the pan I can also adjust them to increase or decrease the amount of water below the top of the slats. I did this so I can put it as low as 2.5 inches from bottom of pan to the top of the slats to allow me to cut up to 1.5 inches under water. I can also raise the slats by placing retangular bar stock under the slat supports if I want to increase the water depth and not cut underwater. I wanted the ability to experiment with different water depths and cutting underwater.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01213s.jpg   DSC01212s.jpg