586,119 active members*
3,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > power loss restart... MID TOOL CHANGE

Exclamation power loss restart... MID TOOL CHANGE

Not really power loss as much as Estop..
    I didn't code moving away for tool change and found myself forced to do the never do.. Hit Estop mid tool change.

The machine is a Dah Lih 1450 with Fanuc 18. Although PMC title data says it is a MCV-1020A

The Z axis is locked out (no jog,hand wheel...)
    No M codes can be entered unless all axis are Zero first.
    Can't Zero Z axis while mid tool change..

Manual gives 2 options
    1) cycle thru with Mcodes (not an option)
    2) to depress buttons I don't have.

HELP!!!
    I need 10 minutes to finish a part due Monday AM. It's too big to put on my manual. UGH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JEST View Post
    Manual gives 2 options
    1) cycle thru with Mcodes (not an option)
    2) to depress buttons I don't have.
    If the Z home is preventing you it is probably because of a Prox. or L.S. showing a tool change arm extended or not in initial position.
    As long as everything is clear, you could try covering the appropriate switch that may fool the T.C'er that it is in position, but this also depends if the T.C.er is at a pocket position?
    In some cases this can be wound round to a pocket position while the power is off.
    These are not normally recommended but in a situation such as yours, it may be the only option to explore, also the dependent on the design of the TC.
    Take care as these function operate pretty fast when they move.
    The inhibiting of the M codes in MDI point to a bit lacking in the PMC changer program.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I was able to rotate arm clear and reset position.
    I can manually cycle the solenoids...
    Does not trigger the control's Z axis interlock.

Calls to Fanuc and Da Lih proved a waste.

Had to change multiple parameters to free machine. Most important were the requirement to home, and the Z axis inhibit.

If password locked out, I cannot imagine how to reset.!!!

The axis free parameter is usually a PMC parameter. Another way is to remove the offending tool and let the turret continue by doing a manual turret index until it stops. Or remove part from chuck then manual index

You don't need to change any parameters. If you disconnect the solenoid valve wire harness next to the solenoids(grey Honda connector) you can trigger them manually to get the arm back to home position. Before reconnecting the solenoid you need to cycle power and then home the machine. After homing the machine do a M19 in MDI then plug connector back in. The arm may move to catch position at this point depending on the last signal it has for the tool change. At this point you can do a M85 in MDI and the arm will go back to home position. OR before plugging the Honda connector back in you can change the Keep Relays that track the position of the arm. WARNING! If you are triggering the solenoids manually because the tool change arm is out of gear rack position then you need to remove the mechanical lock at the top of the tool changer arm shaft. It is located inside the front panel of the tool changer cover on the right side above the proximity sensors.

It can all be done from the keypad.. No need to disconect harness or manual cycle the valves.
    Of course, by the time I learned how, I got to do do all the things mentioned(chair)