586,077 active members*
3,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Mazak V7.5 Clamp/Unclamp Issue

I recently have been setting up a Mazak V7.5 for use in a school metal shop. Everything was going well until the emergency stop got depressed during an automatic tool change. Now I can't even load a tool manually into the spindle. It seems like the hydraulic drawbar mechanism does not open far enough to load the M40 tool holder. System hydraulic pressure is perfect though, and both proximity sensors seem to work fine. I have been stuck on this problem for several days. Does anybody have any possible remedies or solutions to this problem?

maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by dbrus38 View Post
    I recently have been setting up a Mazak V7.5 for use in a school metal shop. Everything was going well until the emergency stop got depressed during an automatic tool change. Now I can't even load a tool manually into the spindle. It seems like the hydraulic drawbar mechanism does not open far enough to load the M40 tool holder. System hydraulic pressure is perfect though, and both proximity sensors seem to work fine. I have been stuck on this problem for several days. Does anybody have any possible remedies or solutions to this problem?
    usually it requires maintenance to do a mechanical adjustment, although once after a Estop I had a machine that would not home and it required a parameter setting to be reentered AND a guard removed and a mechanical adjustment made.
    ..... a sticking tool holder is 99% of the time a mechanical adjustment or a spring replacement AND a mechanical adjustment

Have you tried to make a mechanical override of the solenoid valve. Usally all of these parts have a small button to switch them in the other position.