586,069 active members*
3,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

More Parameters

I have already used more than 99 parameters and still need at least 50 more.
    Can anyone tell me if I can use the parameters 900-962.

Centurion 7.7356

thx

They are listed as un-assigned so they may be available. You should check with Milltronics to be sure

You could also check by loading them into the User parms by using P1=P900, P2=P901, etc., and then looking at P1, P2, etc. in Parameters-User to see if there is a value.

I'm new here, so I'm not sure why I dont see an original post, or what you're working on, AND I'm a vet programmer but a cnc newbie...

But from the relative experience I do have, if you're occupying 99+ variables, there's probably a bit of restructuring you could do.

Edit: ah, I see now that the forums scroll backwards

Hello,
    I have a new problem. I try with "Dprint p0" command to write something in a file and then call with "call". My problem is that as long as my main program is open I can not open the program described. Only when I close (M30 is done). someone knows "Dprint". Maybe someone has tried the same thing?
    Maybe someone has a comprehensive manual of centurion?
    Command with more like just what is in the book.

Thank you very much

Am I understanding correctly that you want to write (with DPRNT) out some data to a file and then call that data file back into the program that created it?

I doubt if it will ever work. A program is 'resolved' when it is loaded into memory to run, but the DPRNT data doesn't exist yet so it can't be read.

Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Hi,
    I try to create a program that asks for the milling parameters and writes them to another program. for example pocket milling: the pocket-size, depth, tool, then the program is written in a different file (Dprint) so I can then more often than can be run only once. so I create my own cam software I only the size of the pocket-size and number of holes themselves still must enter. therefore needed so many parameters, but that would have been too many.

Eugen 2010

Using the input statment you can "write" a program calling and setting any of the parameters.

as an example her is a shopt "parts counter" program

The following program will allow the user to view the part counter, deduct for scrap parts, and reset the counter if desired. Enter this program through [F8] Program – [F1] Text – [F2] New (If programmed on an SLS control, it must be in skill level 2).

(PART COUNTER SET)
    P2=0
    INPUT (THE NUMBER OF PARTS MADE SINCE COUNTER WAS RESET. PRESS ENTER TO CONTINUE)P1
    INPUT (NUMBER OF SCRAP PARTS TO BE DEDUCTED FROM TOTAL.)P2
    P1=P1-P2
    INPUT (WOULD YOU LIKE TO RESET THE COUNTER? ENTER THE NUMBER TO START THE COUNTER AT OR PRESS ENTER TO CONTINUE.)P1
    M2

Run the program in either RUN or VERIFY to use it.

The input statment will "post" a "ASK" box at the top of the screen and insert your "answer" to the assigned parameter. you can set/reset any parameter.
    By inputting you can set any # of parameter varibles. program # O1111
    input (retectangulay pocket X dimension) P#xxx= ie:4.0
    input (rectangular pocket Y dimension) P#xxx= ie: 2.25

Make some conversational programs and review the "O" file for how a "parametic" / conversational program is written.
    Review the parametric section of the programming manual. See the Arced and curved 5 bladed fan example, (13 short lines of code)

The manual will list all the machine parameters and what it does.
    for example: PP140= R plane dimension, P311 = absolute or incremental mode
    P324=tapping mode on/off
    combined with boolean logic and other parametric functions It is possible to do most anything you want.

You seem to have some specific agenda, not sure what, but you may be bitting off a BIG chunk. or you may be trying to "simplify" a repeated program with different pocket sizes. or ???? (pretty easy)

sportybob