586,119 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

what is this and where can i buy?

Trying to by-pass the cnc manufacturer to purchase 50 or more of these pieces that hold the tool on the rack. Dont know the proper term for this thing. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toolclip.jpg  

Tool Pocket?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I suppose you could get 50 for storing toolholders but that is going to be an expensive approach. Those holders are designed to hold a collet toolholder and prevent them rotating will the key in one of the slots while the nut on the collet is released or tightened.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

more pic's

There are 50 positions stored in the rack. I believe it is a BT40 cone. They are some sort of plastic with a rubber gasket between the bracket and the metal framework. I had seen a picture of a Haas metal clip with a spring on it. Seemed to make sense to me, and I started this quest. Probably to pricey to go that route, i dont know. Thought it would be "easy" to find these plastic ones. I will never learn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toolclip2.jpg   toolclip3.jpg  

My apologies when I see them in position it is clear I misinterpreted the picture.

Are you wanting them to install in a tool changer or just to store tools out of the machine?
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Without looking in a parts manual, I would call it a tool holder retainer assembly. The blue part would be tool holder retainer fingers.

Now, it appears you want these for a CNC mill. I am going to ask the stupidest question possible: Why don't you just buy some material and machine them on the CNC mill?

You obvoiusly have CNC equiment. Why not make some? I've made repacement pockets for an obscure mill I used to own and it wasn't all that challenging.
    Good Luck
    DG

I call those tool forks. I machined mine for ISO-30 tool holders. I have a couple of BT-30 tool holders, but the drive notches tear up the tool forks if they are not lined up correctly (notches in holder cut the plastic upon entry).

I made mine from delrin, because it machines easily, and has excellent memory. HDPE is fun to machine, but sucks at maintaining that memory (as in, returning to the origional shape, allowing the tool to snap in).

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toolforks.jpg  

The tooling I have for this CNC is for cutting and shaping granite and marble. It is water cooled through the spindle, and not effective at cutting anything else. Also the only way of holding pieces to the table is with large square vacuum pods. The BT40 cones have to be aligned therefore requiring the tab in the back of the holder. The machine holds 50 tools on-board. I thought it would be easy to find these, but maybe not. Thanks for the help everyone.

Normally, the manufacturer of the machine will sell the parts to you, but you must calculate in the range of 100$ per part. If you have only a vacuum clamping, then you can take a not to small plywood- or aluminiumboard and fastened a small vise upon them. Some Woodscrews will do it.