586,069 active members*
3,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Flexible Coolant nozzle

Did a search found nothing sorry if its a repeat.

I am looking for some of that jointed flexible hosing for running flood coolant system.

Anyone know where I can get some of this stuff?

EDIT:
    Coolant hose
    Coolant nozzle hose
    Loc-Line hosing

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Catalog page 2048

or search Loc-Line

Loc-Line Any-Which-Way Coolant Hose Assemblies

McMaster Carr has a nice selection. Three different sizes IIRC.

Karl

Thanks.

McMaster is the best supplier "bar none" they have stock 99.8% of the time and I get next day deliver, they look after the brokerage and this is across border people!!
    Having said that they are more expensive than most of my local suppliers.

Anyway for LocLine and basic tooling try KBC Tools Canada, they have a branch in Vancouver, pricing is very good, service is mid level (here anyway) and they don't have much for high end cutters, but they are my main supplier for machine shop items.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Here is a link to what I believe you are searching for,
    http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRAR2?...5701&PMAVID=39

A handy alternative to the Loc-Line adjustable coolant which will not take a very small radius bend is automotive brake line tubing. It can be bent very tight and holds its shape.

Right, that slipped my mind, a lot of plants I am in use soft copper tubing which is the same as the brake line thing.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Quote Originally Posted by DareBee
    Right, that slipped my mind, a lot of plants I am in use soft copper tubing which is the same as the brake line thing.
    Yikes! I hope nobody takes this and applies it backwards and uses soft copper tube as a brakeline.

I have used soft copper but it turns into hard copper with bending and then just as you are tweaking it that last little bit it cracks. I will admit it does less damage to a carbide tool spinning at 10k than steel tubing though.

Impact,
    Try the Busy Bee store in New Westminster, they should stock it. I just bought a tube from the Busy Bee in Calgary.

Jay

I have developed a brass flexible line for higher pressure pumps (80 psi +).

I'm at www.swiveljet.com and in YouTube type coolant nozzle in search and look for www.swiveljet.com in list.

Regards,

I. Kaplan