586,523 active members*
3,274 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Themal Alarm Lamp

Hello Forum,

Hi, recently we have install a Leblond Makino FNC 74 and brought a few weeks ago a service representative of Makino to teach us a bit about the Makino VMC. After a few weeks after that I have gotten an alarm lamp:

Thermal Alarm Lamp

Goes on in the following cases so that all the motions of the machine stop and the numerical control unit is reset.

1. When the thermal relay of motor in the spindle temperature controller is actuated or the fuse is broken.

2. When the thermal relays of the lubricant motor, coolant motor, and hydralic tank motor are actuated.

3. When the circuit protector of the solenoid circuit is tripped.

Option number 1, I believed is not the case because if the Spindle Temperature Controller would be actuated I believed it would not work, but currently it turns on and performs well. I could be wrong and misunderstanding this first soluction.

Option number 2, the lubricant motor works fined, coolant motor, and hydralic tank motor also works fined.

Option number 3, I do not understand this soluction at all I have tried to find out what is a Circuit Protector and what is a Solenoid Circuit. However when I do check inside the machine where the servo controllers for the X, Y and Z controllers are, I can see that there is a few Circuit Protectors at least that is what they say, (I also have search online specifically google Circuit Protectors) to get an idea of what an I looking for.

I see that all the Circuit Protectors are on and none of them have tripped however is there any other location where there might be more Circuit Protectors? May I thinking about this in the right way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for any help forum can provide!

Julio A. Cruz

Cool Problem Solve: Thermal Alarm Lamp

Hi Forums,

Doing a little of research and looking similar topics on CNC Zone web site I have found a soluction to the thermal alarm lamp problem. It seems that when the Machine Shop is very cool below 60, the solenoid of the Hydralic motor trips; what I did to remedy this problem is to push both side of the solenoid grove I would say and let it set there with the machine turn on for about 34 minutes then the hydralic system would start up. After this inside of the machine there is a switch which I turn on, that says hydralic heater for about 10 minutes and then I turn off. Ran the warm up program for about 15 minutes and there you go the thermal alarm lamp turns off. That is all I have for now. Thanks.

Julio Cruz