586,103 active members*
3,382 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Sprutcam Express?

Sprutcam Express?

Hi! how does it work with Sprutcam Express,is it free forever or just for a limited time?
    I have Sprutcam Master at work but it was nice to have Express at home for looking at models and some simple 2D work.

I had Express at at home for a couple of months and it worked fine,but now when i try to start it.
    It pops up a window asking if i want to buy the software.
    If i click no it closes down.:violin:

I haven't purchased Sprutcam yet (I do intend to because I can get the Pro version at a discount through Tormach), but had been using the Express version to learn more about the program.

They don't mention it anywhere, but I found out it is supposed to expire in 1 year. I tried reinstalling and downloading the newest version and installing that and it still kept giving me that "Time has Expired" message as well.

Got an email back from Sprut Russia support suggesting that it should be fixing with version 60860 which was the daily download a couple days ago. I've tried it on my laptop and it seems to be running (it's counting down from 362 days today) but some of the behavior seems strange. I'm not sure if it's that laptop because the demo version of Sprutcam 8 is having weird problems to.

I suggest you go to the download link on the sprutcam UK site and download and try that one. Hopefully you'll get another year!

(I just checked the site and 60860 is still there - it had been changing daily, so maybe they've gotten it straightened out for now.)

-- It is funny that the Express Version isn't mentioned in too many places. I know it's quite limited from the full version with only Drilling, Pocketing, and 2D Contouring, but it's still quite useful for most 2.5D work. Pocketing can do quite a good bit if you use the right options (select Boss, etc).

Dave

I tried to download it a couple of times but it did not work i got the same "time has expired" as you did.
    But after reading your reply i tried again and today it worked
    So it looks like it started to count down from new 365 days.

Thanks for your help

tommy

Quote Originally Posted by tkgb View Post
    I tried to download it a couple of times but it did not work i got the same "time has expired" as you did.
    But after reading your reply i tried again and today it worked
    So it looks like it started to count down from new 365 days.

Thanks for your help

tommy

Glad I could help, Now I've got a question for you.

I'm finding that this Express version works as expected for me except when I save a job and then reopen it. Once I do that the graphics for everything are all messed up.

Have you found this on yours as well?

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi
    Do you mean that both the model and toolpaths are messed up when you reopen a project?

My current version works great so i dont have the problem you have.

tommy

Anyone have a link for the Express Version I couldn't find it anywhere.
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Hi
    Do you mean that both the model and toolpaths are messed up when you reopen a project?

My current version works great so i dont have the problem you have.

tommy

Well, I tried updating to whatever the lasted download version is, but that one went back to the old asking if I want to buy the software immediately, so I reinstalled the 60860 version and it seems much better now!

The only problem I see now is after I reload the "Simulation Method" under Simulation always changes to Voxel3D which looks bad. Before it used to look bad and the toolpath would be wrong.

So it's back to being functional again! I certainly can't complain that I have to change the simulation method - for the price I paid.

(I do plan on purchasing the software soon so I can use the turning cam mode.)

Thanks for the reply,
    Dave

Hi does anybody know if the free express version is still available?
    I can not find it anywere so i guess its gone.

Hi does anybody know if the free express version is still available?
    I can not find it anywere so i guess its gone.
    I installed SprutCAM 8 a few weeks ago just as SprutCAM 7 Express was about to expire.

So far it looks like SprutCAM 8 is running in the Express mode since the 14 days trial ran out. Hopefully I'll be able to justify purchasing a full copy in the next few months.

Dave

I got the Sprutcam 7 express version to work now.
    Before there was a express version to download but now you got to download the full version.
    Then click cancel or wait for the trial period to run out of time.

Tommy