586,075 active members*
4,081 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NEED HELP WITH GR712

we bought a brand new gr712 router and we program with Gibbscam. with the haas control set to finish it hesitates in corners when running a finish contour at 90 ipm. we have been over and over it with selway and with haas and have not been able to fix it. it almost acts like it is dwelling for a fraction of a second in the corners. we have the exact stop option turned off as well. if you have any suggestions please feel free to bounce them off me.

Make sure the corner is programmed as a true arc and not segmented. If it is segmented and the machine doesn't have the look ahead function, then it will hesitate in the corners. There should be one G02 or G03 code if it is a true arc. If it is segmented there will be multiple straight line codes.

Is HSM enabled? How big are your moves?

we have the HSM option enabled. my moves are typically 90 inches per minute on a complex 3d part for the finish operations. i use a 0.001" tolerance for those and if i put out arcs it will smooth the outside corners but the inside corners still kinda pause for a sec.