586,094 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > operation manager is entire screen

operation manager is entire screen

I don't know what i clicked but the operation manager is the whole screen now? It must have been a keystroke i did. I can still toggle it on/off with Alt-O any idea on how to minimize it?

I have MCX2 and 3, on both simply hover the mouse over the right side bar, until it displays a double arrow, then drag it to the left to resize operation manager window, as you would any Windows' window (say that 5 times real fast :-)

Ya, that bar is off the screen though. if i try and drag the whole thing over by the top bar when i let go it just snaps back. Gave up for the night, a re-boot didn't help either

assuming you're using windows - from the desk top, click settings and record what your current screen screen resolution pixel setting is. Change your screen pixel settings - for example, mine are at 1280 x 800, if I increase that to 1440 x 960, then re-open Masterscam, it makes the entire MCX window much smaller on the monitor's screen. use your mouse to both resize the MCX window and the oper. mgr window. to be much smaller. Exit MCX, reset your screen setting resolution, re-open MCX and resize the window to fit the monitor's screen as needed.

I'm running at the highest resolution right now, so things only get bigger from there. If i minimize mcam i can grab the blue bar and shrink the entire window, but not just the operations manager. My X or close button is tight in the top right corner of the screen, so the main window is not "off" the monitor like i thought. But there is no bar at all along the right hand side to shrink operations manager, or the entire window?? Its X6 running on XP. I have support so i'll try them when they open, just seems its gotta be something embarassingly easy

Toggle the Op manager to OFF
    - Right click in the grey area on the upper toobar
    - select the "Load toolbar state" at the bottom, then select your perferred setup, try "Design" - as this is normally the one used at mastercam installation

This should reload everything back to the last time you customised your toolbar layout

that didnt wanna work either.

Tech support took over and fixed it remotely, it took some time and they were pretty deep into it before they got it. Apparently its happened to a few people before

Same problem here. We are not paying for the maintenance so if someone can help me with this, I would appreciate it dearly.

Clustercam strikes again. Our IT guy spent an hour after I spent 2 hours trying to fix this BS. Finally, he just deleted the registry folder for M'cam and now it is fine.

Re: operation manager is entire screen

I got the same bug today with MCX2. I solved the problem by removing a specific directory in the registry. You don't have to remove the entire Mastercam registry folder.
    Close Mastercam. Open regedit and delete the following folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/CNC Software Inc./Mastercam X2 MR2 (or any other version)/GUI/MC-DockState_Opman-Bar
    Open Mastercam and your operations manager appears on the default location.

10 minute fix