586,094 active members*
3,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > 25 simulation "invalid shoulder diameter"

Question 25 simulation "invalid shoulder diameter"

Weird one here...

I am trying to run simulation on a simple 4 operation part. I keep getting an "invalid shoulder diameter" error.

Searching around for a shoulder diameter to modify, I came up empty...

I am trying to attach files, but am getting a server error. Yes, I am logged it.

Any thoughts?
    Nate.
    Ann Arbor Meechigan

Uploading files is not working for me. I am getting an "internal server error"

Anyone email me and I can email the bobcad file/screenshot/NC file.
    Nate.
    Ann Arbor Meechigan

I think it's your tool holder. just remove the tool holder from the tool at the feature level and try to simulate. that should solve your problem
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Cant seem to figure out how to remove the tool holder. I could delete a few, but it wants me to keep one around. I tried making its size 0 and 0, but that did not seem to help...
    Nate.
    Ann Arbor Meechigan

Looks like if I add the centerdrill (instead of leaving the dia blank 0000)to the drilling op, it will allow me to run the sim.

How do I do drilling ops without the centerdrill first then? I just want to run a reg drill...
    Nate.
    Ann Arbor Meechigan

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Looks like if I add the centerdrill (instead of leaving the dia blank 0000)to the drilling op, it will allow me to run the sim.

How do I do drilling ops without the centerdrill first then? I just want to run a reg drill...
    Hi Nate

Go to "Milling Tools > Part > Tool Pattern", there you can set your drills to just drill without a centre drill by highlighting the one you want to get rid of and then just deleting it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tool Pattern.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	172150

Regards

Another instance where this comes up is using pocketing/advanced pocketing/adaptive rough.If you have 0 entered for finishing tool it will give this error.Odd thing is this did not happen until I closed the file and re-opened it.
    Another thing that happens is it will still simulate after you close the error box.And it posts just fine.I know.I ran the part.Buggy,Buggy.
    Here is the attached file,maybe this is suppose to have a finish tool???????????I did not want to use one in this instance for I needed material for follow up operation on manual mill,but everything worked fine,but I got the error,which did not prevent simulation or machining or Preditor verify.Just a pesky box that made me waste 10 minutes trying to figure what was wrong.Soooo maybe this will save someone 10 minutes.And maybe we can get it looked at by Al or someone and see if it qualifies for a fix in an Update.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Another instance where this comes up is using pocketing/advanced pocketing/adaptive rough.If you have 0 entered for finishing tool it will give this error.Odd thing is this did not happen until I closed the file and re-opened it.
    Another thing that happens is it will still simulate after you close the error box.And it posts just fine.I know.I ran the part.Buggy,Buggy.
    Here is the attached file,maybe this is suppose to have a finish tool???????????I did not want to use one in this instance for I needed material for follow up operation on manual mill,but everything worked fine,but I got the error,which did not prevent simulation or machining or Preditor verify.Just a pesky box that made me waste 10 minutes trying to figure what was wrong.Soooo maybe this will save someone 10 minutes.And maybe we can get it looked at by Al or someone and see if it qualifies for a fix in an Update.
    Interesting. I posted a while back about getting this error message on the pocketing/advanced pocketing but I didn't connect it with having a 0 Finish tool. I got the error any time I used a "Bottom Allowance" but just as you described it still calculated and posted fine. Take out your Bottom Allowance and see if it goes away.

Here was the post describing what I experienced: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bobcad...ml#post1194674

Needed a bottom allowance though,Just a pesky little error box that I'll ignore from now on.As being a 1 off the file is gone in Cyber land now,Weird is on initial creation no error.Only after I re-opened file did this happen.