586,599 active members*
3,708 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Moving a post processor to a new PC?

Moving a post processor to a new PC?

I'm setting up a new PC and reloaded V23 and got the license transfered. I downloaded the post that I use; (Mach3 w/Z stops) and installed it.

It dosn't work the same way as on my old pc and I was wordering if there is a way to copy the PP from my old PC and install it on my new one.

I also purchsed the v25 upgrade and this PP dosn't work on it either. I created a simple 2" square and created a contour on it. When programming with a .25 lead in and out I get 3" crop circles where the leads should be; the rest of the contour appears to be correct its just the leads that are wrong.

Thanks for any help,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Idahoan View Post
    I'm setting up a new PC and reloaded V23 and got the license transfered. I downloaded the post that I use; (Mach3 w/Z stops) and installed it.

It dosn't work the same way as on my old pc and I was wordering if there is a way to copy the PP from my old PC and install it on my new one.

I also purchsed the v25 upgrade and this PP dosn't work on it either. I created a simple 2" square and created a contour on it. When programming with a .25 lead in and out I get 3" crop circles where the leads should be; the rest of the contour appears to be correct its just the leads that are wrong.

Thanks for any help,
    Dave
    Yes, you can just "copy & paste" the Post to a memory stick and then "copy & paste" from there into your Post Library.

There are some differences in the latest V25 to V23 so it maybe the Post won`t work but it shouldn`t need much "tweaking" to get it right. If not then download a new post from the V25 list.

Regards

Welcome to the Forum Dave,
    Great to see a fellow Idahoan here,and from Boise at that.What kind of machine are you using??:cheers:

Thanks,

I did copy my post from the old PC and put it in the proper place for V23. It will post out code but Mach doesn't like it. Mach won't even draw the tool path. I don't understand why a new install of the same program Build 1812 and my old post processor will give different results.

The new install posts out code with sub routines and the old one doesn't I need to get a part done today so I will use my old PC but I need to sort this out as well as the post issue for V25.

As I said before the same simple tool path on V25 gives me 3" crop circles instead of .25 R. leads.

Hopefully later today I may have some time to fiddle with it.

jrmach; I have a 9X42 Acra mill in my home shop that I converted some years ago. It is only 2 axis at this time but I have plans down the road to power the quill.

I run a 2216 Fadal in my day job and we use Mastercam for our CAM.

How about you?

Dave

Thanks,

I did copy my post from the old PC and put it in the proper place for V23. It will post out code but Mach doesn't like it. Mach won't even draw the tool path. I don't understand why a new install of the same program Build 1812 and my old post processor will give different results.

The new install posts out code with sub routines and the old one doesn't I need to get a part done today so I will use my old PC but I need to sort this out as well as the post issue for V25.
    Dave
    Sounds like you haven`t setup the new install the same as the old one, go to your "Current Settings" and uncheck the box for Sub programs as in the attached image
    As far as I am aware Mach3 won`t draw a toolpath from subroutines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V23 Sub programs.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	172581

Regards

As far as the sub routines,notice pic attached?Do you have the sub box checked?
    As far as V25 problems go , attach a sample file and your PP and I am sure someone will get you squared there.
    I am a one man show and a great deal of my work is one-offs for people that build Race Cars and Race Boats.Do have other work for some local company's too.I run a HAAS VF-2.I probably on average only run it 2 days a week,if that.Thats because I also have manual mill,manual lathe and other machinery.So with getting the job out the door the fastest way possible,I use what is available to do it.Majority of times,manual machine is the choice for one offs.But do have some 10 to 100 piece runs occasionally that dictate CNC.Just depends on the job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

Thanks Rob,

That was it; I don't know how many times I looked at that screen and missed that setting. I also don't remember changing it before but that was a while back.

Now to sort out the V25 posting issues.

Thanks again,
    Dave

Thanks Rob,

That was it; I don't know how many times I looked at that screen and missed that setting. I also don't remember changing it before but that was a while back.

Now to sort out the V25 posting issues.

Thanks again,
    Dave
    Just post a file that is giving problems or an example(.bbcd file) and your PP.Should not be hard to figure out because most of us have gone or are going thru the pains of V25.It is quite different than 23.Honestly for 2D v23 is faster for me.The biggest drawback would be not having open pocket machining unless you had HSP IN V23 as an add on.The tool crib many on here like in V25 better.And you do have more control on tool paths in V25 and a few more Cad options.