586,560 active members*
3,448 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I Need Some Help

Hello everyvody i need some help, i have a ramill-VI with a ramco centurion IV panel, but the display does not start, it is my first cnc machine i am learning how to operate it.
    If enybody can help it would be awesome.
    Regards.

I got one of those things; it dated from the mid 1980s. It had lots of problems; we'd fix one only to have something else go wrong. The plastic in the control panel was so old that when we'd press a button, we'd often hear a crunching sound, and then it wouldn't work any more. But at least the display worked. If yours is as dead as it sounds, you've got even less reason to mess around with it than we did. Even if you got it running perfectly, it would still be obsolete and incapable of running code written by modern CAM programs - there's just too little memory.

I'd say gut the control box, down to the power supply, and replace the whole servo system , motors, computer and all, with something new. If you run it off a modern PC in EMC or Mach3, you'll be able to execute large programs with no problem. The basic structure of those machines is pretty good; you're much further ahead than someone wanting to mill metals and starting from scratch.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Our methodology. Tested, tried and true. Agosto and Google have worked together on hundreds of evaluations that have led to successful Google Apps .

yourlocalinstaller