The school in which I am attending for welding has a CNC Plasma water table that has been sitting there unused and broken because no one in the school knows anything about it. I absolutely love the endless possibility of CNC so I have repaired the table, (coupler for z-axis motor to screw shaft was broken) and now spend every second I have playing with it trying to learn how to use it.

I am able to cut out simple parts that I can do with only one tool path but I am having trouble running the file when I need two different tool paths.

I watched a video on youtube and I create two tool paths the same as they do and everything appears fine until I run the file. It will only run the first tool path and will not continue to the next.

I am drawing the parts in AutoCad and the plasma is ran with DeskCNC. I open the files as a dxf file. Then set machining order. Select items for first toolpath, contour, then run file and create the nc file. I then go back to the cam screen, clear the tool path, deselect all. I then select the next items for the next toolpath and "append" that nc file to the first and continue until all cuts have been done. However when I run that NC file it will only cut the initial tool path and will not continue to do the rest. I think I am missing something very basic here.

Thanks for the help!