Register for free
Login
Page 14 of 20 41213141516
    here is a btc for sale on craigslist st louis $850
    if anyone is looking for one doesn't say how many toolholders it has
    mike
    http://stlouis.craigslist.org/tls/1426135410.html

Cool BTC Update

Been trying to get ready for winter It got hear today near Zero and snow tonight, Ebay#150394520315 nine holder's talked to the owner at length this afternoon that is all he has I Need to thin out my collection holder's and may part's out one extra machine hope to get a biger machine sometime and don't have the room without geting rid of something Also have a trifecta of Hardinge DV59's and HC with a CNC conversion that should find a new home.
    Anyone needing holder's or hard part's Email @ [email protected] or call 712-527-4625 8:00-6:00 CST Almost forgot a real nice Boss3 with tooling and com package Xtra clean Vice fifteen holder's Ect and P.C. hookup need to get somthing to eat and call it a day Kevin Taylor P.S. Chip Did you get the break on your machine fixed? need to clime up on my part's machine and look for the restor you needed

Cool AtlasMills Wiring

Did you come up with the wiring diagram's you need I have factory book's with wiring print's and full size print's Email if you need help Kevin

TOTALLYRC

Did you get all the holder's put to use I still have a few I'm looking for I don't remember If I posted pic's of my holder rack's let me know I still have Two extra machines and need to find a home for at least one Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Taylor View Post
    Did you get all the holder's put to use I still have a few I'm looking for I don't remember If I posted pic's of my holder rack's let me know I still have Two extra machines and need to find a home for at least one Kevin
    Hi Kevin,
    No I haven't used all of the the holders. Let me know which ones you need.
    I might be interested in the HC lathe.

Any idea's on the pricing. I am considering a second mill as well. Looks like I may have to expand the building.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

My BTC1 is possesed by the Devil

Ok ever since i moved locations My BTC1 has'nt run 100%.

i took the head off of it to clear my garage door, the only wiring that was touched was the 3 phase wireing, the front controls and various air hoses. i did move the solinoid pack/ junction block off of the back of the machine while it was being moved but i did not disconnect it. i just positioned it out of the way. a few of the junction connections are popped out of the mounting rail. but all of the wires are still connected.

i have been messing with it since i got it all back togeather and im haveing a multitude of problems,

first the tool changer. last night when i was messing with the machine, i air'ed it up and powered her up. when i press the index button on the back of the machine it moves one position and then immediately revereses direction and will run on until i shut the machine off or it runs out of air pressure.

secondly if i ignore the index button and just try a T1M6 command the spindle will rotate at slow speed and never index. i was having some index actuator wireing issues in the past. i had crossed a couple of connectors and i have since Ohm'd out the wires to their respeced boards and made sure the connectors are in the right spot. it doesent sound like the shot pin is even trying to activate. even when i hit emergency stop only the spindle brake enguages.

third and biggest problem that has developed today. i powered up the machine and i went to hit the Red enable button nothing happens. the control board displays are blank (minus the red button) when i press the red button the Green set up button on the front control will light up when the button is depressed and go out as soon as i release it. the only thing i have done since yesterday was wiggle a few of the wires at the junction block on the back solinoid pack. i thought that i may have jarred something loose but it doesent appear to be that way.

i have no idea where to go from here, if any of you guys can help me i would really appreciate it.

PM me for my phone number

THANKS!!!

usually when the tool changer starts spinning and doesn't stop its one of the hall effect micro switches in the carousel, there is a blurb about it in the manual, where you can check the pulse coming from each switch as the thing rotates out of control, one switch wont be pulsing that's the one, some times its just adjustment, there is small brass roller that wears. good luck, Jon P.

Oh yea, check ALL fuses I think it may be one in the card cabinet on the right side, sounds like the 5 volt supply

BTC Excercisim

HK Jack off the red plunger's in the air selonid's and I mean all of them a stuck selonid may be the caluprit and take the screw's out of the face plt of the keypad and check the plugin's on the back of it also check for stuck key's I'v heard of dust in a motor being dislodged during a move and that mesing with motor operation but I think that's not the isue Reseat the board's and as jon said check the fuses also check the 100v suply seem's when I have had trouble that was electrical caused it showed up there first my local power co. has a broad range they seem to think is 230v is like 195-240v lose wires anywhere look at everthing a stuck limit switch make sure it hasen't overtraveled in any direction Good Luck Kevin

Kevin i figured it might be a solinoide issue for the tool changer/ spindle i refilled the air oiler, tonight i will air it up and start pushing plungers.

i have no idea whats up with the control faceplate, one night it was working the next day all i have is the red limit switch. i'll take the panel off tonight and make sure its connected properly. im also going to replace the shot pin actuator wireing its pretty beat up and the terminals may not be making a connection or i could have a broken wire. i suppose i could rule that out by looking for 24V at each hall effect switch on the actuator to at least make sure.

thanks for your help guys i will update tonight when i get home. if i get the machine out of red limit switch mode i will post a video of what its doing so you guys can see.

-HK

ok guys i did a quick once over on the machine tonight, fuse #20 in the control cabinet is blown and the center of the fuse retainer ohms out to ground. looking at the wireing the side thats labled 76 is whats shorted.

my maint. manual is extremely lacking in the diagram dept.

what do you guys think???

buller? buller?

anyone

demon removal update

Ok i had a chance to play with the machine.

i replaced the blown fuse and it did not reopen, the old one was more melted at one end and the center fuse ribbon was'nt separated.

i got past the red limit light and gained the ability to control the machine again.

same problems i had before the fuse went bad. tool changer doesent know its position and just continues to spin until i hit the big red button.

spindle shot pin is not engaging at all.

first off i went to Re check the shot pin hall effect sensor wiring to the computer board. only one is correctly Ohm'ing out to the connector on the board. so thats problem #1 the 3 connectors in between the shot pin cylinder and the junction block on the side of the machine are connected right and all 3 sensors have the correct 24V power on one terminal. its the ground side of the connectors that im having trouble with.

that junction block next to the solinoid pack looks like a ***** to deal with.

on the tool changer i dropped the cover drum off to look at the switches on it and they are all connected and adjusted correctly. when i have the machine on and i rotate the changer by hand (turn the gear on it) its missing tool numbers, which would explain why its not indexing correctly. im going to go through the truth table in the manual tonight to see what switches are effected. it go's from 7 to 8 to 12 to 18 to 22 (not exactly thats just an example of how its jumping around)

i removed EVERY air solinoid on the machine and lubricated them and jerked them off until they moved nice and smooth.

im thinking my problem is in that junction block. what do you guys think??? i didint remove it when i moved the machine but i did take it off of its mount and move the whole thing to the side, maby a wire came loose or broke etc...

BTC Tool Change

HK If you don't have the lid off of the shoe box on the right side of the head take it off and watch the cam's turn when you call a tool change or M19 orent the spindel the termanal strip's would be a good thing to check also some of the wires are barely in most of them all the switches involved in a tool change seem to need to be in perfict adjustment to prevent a malfunction carasol not stoping sound's like a selonid or relay stuck in the tool change circut do you have scamatic's If not I might be able to help Good Luck Kevin P.S. Check the selonid coil's for contnuity maybe you have a dead coil just a thought I'm parting out a tool changer should be able to help

Tool holder alert.

I just found this on ebay. I have more than I need but it is not a bad price if you need some holders.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adaptors-30-Tape...item20af397e1b

axis relay chatter

im still having problems with my BTC.

i cannot get it past the red limit light right now. when i air it up and push the red button. the z axis will retract about a half inch and then the light will re trip.

occasionally i get a quick buzz noise from the back of the machine. sounds like its coming from the axis drive card.

i have tried swapping the drive cards and the z axis is still the only thing that moves. there is NO fault light lit up on the axis card

this all happend after i tried a m19 orient command, it popped and buzzed and went to red light and since then i havent been able to get past it.

the ground plane is not stuck on, all of the solinoids seem free and are not stuck.

when i pop the door off of the control cabinet, all the way to the right there is a card with 3 led's the y fault led is light.

if anyone has any thoughts i would love to hear them, also if any one has a copy of the trouble tree for axis faults (relay chatter) from the the maint. manual i'd love to have a copy

Cool

Hi

I am undergoing through the same problem.

==> After M19, my spindle orients properly but it jerks suddenly

==> Also if i rotate the Clamped spindle by hand it moves 2 to 3 degrees & again tries to restore its original position.

I think i should increase the clamping force on spindle after M19 - BUT

1. Is it possible to change through Parameter Setting ?
    2. What is the recommeded force ?
    3. What is maximum force & need to know if any consequences are there if the force exceeds maximum limit ?

Thanks...Need Help Urgently.

Ash

Also attaching a parameter dictionary for easy refrence.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tool holding problem!!!!!

Hi Guys,
    It looks like machine has stripped the grippers that hold onto the knob of the toolholder. I look inside and it is pretty chewed up. When trying to put a tool holder in it starts to grab and then it seems to slip. When the grip cycle is concluded it barely holds onto the tool with a bunch of vertical slop.

I am in the process of pulling the spindle to get a better look. Does any one have spare parts. I will take any of the following. The grippers, spindle assembly, full head assembly or I will even consider a complete machine if the price is right and it is near CT.

Mike.

MY BTC-1 parts machine is now for sale in the classifieds if any of you gent's are interested.

i have had my fill of this machine

Tap Holder Needed

I'm looking for a #F-08 Tension Type Tap Holder with #35 Bridgeport Taper Mounting, Bridgeport# 1-78-0110, Erickson# C-142858. This is the large tap holder. Collets would be nice too. If anyone has one they would be willing to part with, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Chip

Page 14 of 20 41213141516