586,082 active members*
3,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Makino S56 Pro 3 phone support or...?

Makino S56 Pro 3 phone support or...?

Could anyone give me some help finding a good source for phone support or...?

A little history:
    I just purchased this used machine and my programmer is (struggling) trying to communicate with the machine from SurfCam via the card reader, etc...

Basically the regional Makino re-seller is stating that due to under staffing and 2-employee's quitting they are backed up... I can't even get a rough date for a technician!!

I also found through research that Makino has phone support - do they really help?

Thank You in advance for your time!
    Ed

ttt

Can anyone help with data connection / card reader support please?

Makino

Will not give much help, if any to a used machine buyer. When you say card do you mean the PCMCIA slot next to the screen? If so all you have to do is set I/O channel to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ifixcnc View Post
    Will not give much help, if any to a used machine buyer. When you say card do you mean the PCMCIA slot next to the screen?
    YES!
    If so all you have to do is set I/O channel to 4.

It's too bad I'm having trouble trying to get service.
    My 1st Makino and could potentially be my last
    and now I'm in the market for an EDM - hmmm...

Never an issue w/ my Kits since 1997... I hope I made a sound decision...?

I was an serviceman for dealer of Makino for years, its a very good machine. I now am an in house tech for a Makino owner, and they want $2500 per year, per serial number for phone support? Exclusive club I guess.

Makino phone support

The fee is 2500 per year for all machines owned by the company.
    If you buy a new makino you get unlimited phone support for all machines lifetime.
    I havent gotten it yet.
    I only own 1 right now used.

I don't mind paying a fee of somesorts and understand the economics behind the fee - that's simple.

What urks me is they should have an option for pay by the minute like an accountant or lawyer...

Once I can run off the card reader everything else is done through SurfCam.
    * We have already run a few simple programs by breaking up the program into segements due to the lack of memory. We've worked on our post for all the other stuff and appears solid.

What's ultimately the frustration factor is Makino's manuals DON'T match their product, as if the manuals were accurate, I wouldn't have had to post my issue because we would have figured it out!!! (chair)

I figure it's a case of an hour or two of phone support and if I have to pay $2,500 --- you get the picture.

--> I can honestly say that my small 60-man company will not be a good HR advocate of Makino products if it isn't running soon!!!

Are you running in the DNC mode when you are trying to run from the card? I have an F5 with a pro 5 control and that is how I have to do it. The F5 is the best machine I have ever used and Makino's support is great. I see that you are in NH so your local dealer must be (un)Able Machine. Their support stinks. I also have a Makino EDM and love it. My EDM was purchased through Single Source Technology and they are GREAT. Their Local (MA) rep, Jay Nearis, is awesome and i'm sure he would help get you in touch with someone who would help. PM me if you want phone numbers. Don't give up on Makino yet...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thank You ALL for the input, it's greatly appreciated!
    Very generous with your valuable time - Cheers...

Sthibeault - UnAble comment made me chuckle and they have thrown the comment you didn't buy it from us, telling me that Makino needs to help their dealers or at least patrol them better.

I do / have done business w/ Jay, he seems like a good man...Thank You again.
    I will heed your advice and contact them soon letting him know you spoke highly of his company...

See how that works when everyone plays nice - LOL