586,062 active members*
4,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Coreldraw X4 and Lasercut 5.3 runtime error 429

After reading the Lasercut documentation carefully it states the driver supports Coreldraw X4. So spent $450 and purchased the software.

Now I am getting a runtime error 429 Active X can't create object.

I emailed Leetro spoke and they hand balled me back to the manufacture which was Wk Laser.

Has anyone encountered this problem and if you have what have you done to fix it.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Joe

What format are you saving in Joe? also are you saving or using the CorelDraw plugin?

best wishes

Dave

The issue is related in coreldraw x4 using the lasercut plugin.

The issue comes up when clicking on one of the lasercut buttons via

The plugin.

Thanks

Joe

I use Coreldraw x5 (bought from ebay as a student edition) and Lasercut 5.3. I save it as a dxf file and import from there to lasercut 5.3.

Go with Bec's method Joe, Corel X4 isn't really compatible with the plugin. (it claims to be but does cause errors)

best wishes

Dave

Thanks for your help guys.

I am an experienced graphics designer and the software I prefer to use and do own is Illustrator. Nothing beats it. This is my opinion.

I spent $450 this week on X4 for the purpose of using the software and plugin together. Can't take chances with student editions for a Business environment especially not knowing who may walk in.

What irates me is the Laser Cut documentation states it supports X4 and I was hoping to use the plugin from software to cutter. This has turned out to be a huge disappointment and its money I needed for christmas because Illustrator can do what X4 can.

Maybe Laser cutter manufacturers really need to spend a week or 2 and double check the software capability and documentation so what has happened to me does not happen to anyone else.

Not happy..

and the software I prefer to use and do own is Illustrator. Nothing beats it. This is my opinion.
    Nothing wrong with that sadly the compression that Illustrator uses doesn't play well with Leetro hardware.

What irates me is the Laser Cut documentation states it supports X4 and I was hoping to use the plugin from software to cutter.
    I hear you brother Many laser manufacturers also state that a 150 watt cutter will cut 35mm cast acrylic I've pretty much stopped listening to claims made by manufacturers as based on past experience they tend to be a little "generous" with the numbers

(before anybody starts raving that their machine will cut 35mm acrylic please don't bother, while in theory it may be true speeds of 1mm per week at 100% power isn't what I'm on about)

best wishes

Dave

The only difference between the student editions and the full blown professional editions are the price, and it says " not for commercial use" in the top left corner of the screen.

I could have paid the $800 for the Coreldraw x5 commercial edition from Harvey Norman, or do what I did, and buy the student edition of an ebay seller for $60.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec Weir View Post
    The only difference between the student editions and the full blown professional editions are the price, and it says " not for commercial use" in the top left corner of the screen.

I could have paid the $800 for the Coreldraw x5 commercial edition from Harvey Norman, or do what I did, and buy the student edition of an ebay seller for $60.

No this is incorrect. You can not use the Student version for commercial purposes. If you get a knock on the door from a Corel representative and they ask for your software serial number and you can not provide the correct commercial full retail one, then they can take action. This has happened in the past by other large software companies.

As a Business its not a risk worth taking just to save $390.00 or there abouts. The risk is trusting these laser Cutter manufacturers who provide incorrect or outdated information.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfau View Post
    No this is incorrect.
    No, no.

It is correct.

I do not own a business, do not work for any business (I am a Registered Nurse and therefore a Public Servant), do not use my laser for business purposes and I have a valid student id card.

Corel want to knock on my door?

Go ahead.

The only difference between the Commercial version of Coreldraw x5 and the Student version of Coreldraw x5 IS the " not for commercial purposes" tag on the top left hand part of the screen.

Not incorrect at all.

Totally correct, and a later edition to what you have and it works with Lasercut 5.3, unlike your version x4, which you paid hundreds of dollars more than I did for x5, for a non functioning, inferior program.

You don't need to get nasty.

As explained in my reply you are not supposed to use the student version for commercial purposes. So in your case your not so why bother replying with your message below. In the end you do what you want to do.

Just for your information and with the help of a forum member. I have the lasercut X4 driver working in Coreldraw X4 :banana: So I can cut or engrave directly from the lasercut plugin via coreldraw X4. The same person told me that this feature or something else may be missing in the student version. In the end the issue is the software supplied by the laser manufacturer that has made this difficult.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bec Weir View Post
    No, no.

It is correct.

I do not own a business, do not work for any business (I am a Registered Nurse and therefore a Public Servant), do not use my laser for business purposes and I have a valid student id card.

Corel want to knock on my door?

Go ahead.

The only difference between the Commercial version of Coreldraw x5 and the Student version of Coreldraw x5 IS the " not for commercial purposes" tag on the top left hand part of the screen.

Not incorrect at all.

Totally correct, and a later edition to what you have and it works with Lasercut 5.3, unlike your version x4, which you paid hundreds of dollars more than I did for x5, for a non functioning, inferior program.

And the student edition doesn't support Macro add-ins either.

cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by wolfau View Post
    You don't need to get nasty.

As explained in my reply you are not supposed to use the student version for commercial purposes.
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound nasty.

As explained in my post, I am not using my version for commercial purposes. I replied because you implied that I was doing something wrong or incorrect.

I started with a x4 on my laptop for use with my crappy fse deluxe hobby 40w laser. I initially installed lasercut onto it for use with my 1290 100w and it seems to work no problem, just mighty slow compaired to the new dedicated i7 with a good graphics card and a shedload of RAM.

My manufacturer (Jinan Nice Cut Mechanical) told me that I had to use Windows XP and Corel x4 with my new machine. Trying to even get XP is a pain and so I went with Windows7 and Corelx5 (the latest versions at that time) knowing that I may have to revert to the much older programs if it didn't work. They do both work though.

Corelx5 is not supported by Lasercut, but by saving as a dxf file and importing from there, it works well. With AutoCad2012 I have to do the same thing. Forcing me to save a work is not a bad thing, I recon.

Hurricane21 Guest
    Leetro makes LaserCut and not all of the manufacturers know that it works fine with Windows 7 64 bit or 8 and CorelDraw x5 or x6. The newest version of LaserCut also has a print driver that works directly with x5 and 6 that installs a printer called laser.

If you need the Windows 7 driver you must install it before you install LaserCut since it comes with an xp driver natively. If using Windows 8, you have to update the driver after restarting. If you installed LaserCut without doing this - don't worry - you can uninstall the driver then install the correct one. If you need instructions on doing this, let me know.

The Windows 7 / 8 driver can be downloaded here: https://www.yousendit.com/download/U...cG8wZ252bk1UQw

Exporting a dxf file and importing is always an option if you can't get the driver to work. Remember - you still need the LaserCut dongle to use the print driver.

Hope this helped
    Hurricane Lasers

Instructions would be wonderful, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane21 View Post
    Leetro makes LaserCut and not all of the manufacturers know that it works fine with Windows 7 64 bit or 8 and CorelDraw x5 or x6. The newest version of LaserCut also has a print driver that works directly with x5 and 6 that installs a printer called laser.

If you need the Windows 7 driver you must install it before you install LaserCut since it comes with an xp driver natively. If using Windows 8, you have to update the driver after restarting. If you installed LaserCut without doing this - don't worry - you can uninstall the driver then install the correct one. If you need instructions on doing this, let me know.

The Windows 7 / 8 driver can be downloaded here: https://www.yousendit.com/download/U...cG8wZ252bk1UQw

Exporting a dxf file and importing is always an option if you can't get the driver to work. Remember - you still need the LaserCut dongle to use the print driver.

Hope this helped
    Hurricane Lasers

Hurricane21 Guest
    To uninstall the usb driver, go to the windows icon and right click on computer. This will bring up a drop down menu. Click on manage.

This will bring up Computer Management. Click on Device Properties and go to Other Devices. You will see the USB device listed here. Right click and uninstall. You can also update driver with the same process.

Now reinstall the driver.

Re: Coreldraw X4 and Lasercut 5.3 runtime error 429

Hello there,
    I do have a problem with the LaserCut 5.3 software the Chinese provide my machine with.It is a poor one i must say.
    They told me aswell to use Win. Xp for using LaserCut sotfware.
    I`m using CorelDraw 12 and it gives me a VBA runtime error 429.
    I cannot export data from corel to lasercut soft. , same with autocad 2002, 2004, 2005 - 6.
    I installed Corel , then lasercut ,then "Laser" button for corel.I press output and it gives me the error.
    I tried to install everything by the book , step by step, but it doesn`t work.
    can`t get rid of the error.
    may be i did something rong....may be i miss something..don`t know.
    please help.
    thanks,
    Razvan