586,419 active members*
3,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > .eps file will not Open in Cut2D or VCarve

.eps file will not Open in Cut2D or VCarve

Every time I try to open a .eps file in either of these Vectric software programs I get a failed message that states that my vector files "only contain bitmap data"

I am saving all of the .eps files in adobe illustrator as paths that contain no color fills. None of them contain any text, they are drawn with a pen tool in Illustrator.

I cannot get any .eps files to open with out getting the bitmap data error message. Does anyone know a solution to this problem??

Try saving as an AI file or better yet would be export as a dxf file. depending on the version of illustrator and cut 2d you may have to save as a legacy file

I am able to successfully create and use .AI vector files, and this what I have done up to this point.

However, my business is launching a new website that will allow customers to create vector designs that we will put onto products. The website cannot be made to export .ai vector files but we may be able to get it to export .eps vector files. The hope is we could import these .eps files right into Cut2D without the extra step of individually converting all of these files to .ai files in illustrator. We may be doing hundreds in single day.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get any .eps files to work in Cut2D just as an experiment before we go and make any changes to the website and what it exports.

I am currently using Illustrator CS6. Not sure what version of Cut2D we're using but I just bought it 2 years ago so its not that old. I did try saving the .eps file as older versions of illustrator but no luck.

Any thoughts?

I think it's an issue with the export from Illustrator, as .eps files do work. You might want to send one of your .eps files to Vectric and get their opinion.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

if you were using illustrator, then i think illustrator can export in pdf format too..
    check with export pdf 1.5

als ai format should work.. i mean the early versions of ai.. 3.0..

also the eps what adobe and corel using, vectors are doubled.. ...

one more thing you can try import into inkscape your eps file and export back as pdf or eps..

dxf format makes beziers to short straigth segments.. most program cant convert between bezier and b-spline..

I was having a similar problem trying to save .eps files in Inkscape 0.48 then open the .eps file in Cut2D, I kept getting the bitmap data error from Vectric Cut2D.

The problem was the opacity setting inside Inkscape 0.48. If the opacity of your drawing is lower than 100% then the .eps file will be messed up when saving the Inkscape file.

I think this is a bug in Inkscape 0.48 because I don't remember this ever happening in Inkscape 0.46.

So here's two things that will mess up a .eps file when trying to open the file in Vectric products.

• The file can't include a raster image.
    • The file has to have the opacity at 100%.

The .eps file now opens in Cut2D with no problems, all the arcs are very smooth & file looks great.

Hope this helps, I know it's not Illustrator, maybe the opacity works the same.
    Free DXF - vectorink.com