586,261 active members*
3,251 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Interact 520V/Heidenhain TNC155Q problem

Bridgeport Interact 520V/Heidenhain TNC155Q problem

Hi everybody, new around here so please be gentle...
    I am repairing a Bridgeport Interact 520V with a Heidenhain TNC 155Q controller and need help.
    This machine had a failure about 6 years ago and was repaired by one official Bridgeport service company.
    The original fault was the counterweight chain broke and the Z axis hitting the X axis table
    Well the chain was replaced but the machine never worked again, the technician just didn't care and didn't came back to fix the fault.
    I met the owner of this machine almost by chance (I needed a job done) and during our conversation I offer to repair the broken down machines in is shop and here I am asking for help.
    Sorted the problem the technician didn't on the Z axis but to do that I had to shut down the machine from the mains, when I power it on again the TNC 155Q controller packet up and wouldn't power on.
    We got another company to sort out the controller and everything was going well but now I having a problem that is driving me mad...
    Everything is working, all the axis are homing after power on and self test (all parameters were reprogrammed) but now the Handwheel only works in the positive direction and if I try to move it to negative nothing happens.
    I looked every were here in the forum and internet and just can't figure it out and now I'm here asking for help.
    Does anyone here ever had a similar problem with the handwheel (only working in one direction )?
    Is it a parameter or a hardware fault ?
    Please help

Ric
    PS. sorry for the long post.

DO you get an error?

If the axis will move in both directions otherwise then it is an issue with the handwheel or wiring

Could be a lot of things.
    Axis on hard limit or switch stuck.
    Software limits wrong.
    Fauty or wrongly installed handwheel. (unlikely)
    If you have the elec schematics and they show the Heidenhain inputs,you can call up the inputs on the screen and see what you have and have not.Likewise you can see the outputs too.
    Easy way is to check it out using the control but you need to understand how to get the control to show you the info and to understand what it`s telling you.

Hi again
    No there are no errors on screen
    On power up it asks to transverse axes and them it homes all three without a problem.
    When I try to move any of the axis with the handwheel it only moves to the positive direction for example the Z axis moves up but not down and since that axis is already in the home position it shows a Z- limit warning.
    All the parameter are the original ones from this machine from the original installation wen the machine was brand new.
    Going to speak to the guy that repaired the controller unit because when it failed removing the analog card from inside would make the controller work so the diagnose was faulty analog card but in the end it was actually the power supply inside the unit.
    Another thing is that the analog board is different from the one shown in the TNC 155Q service manual.
    In the manual shows a board with 4 axis and 1 handwheel connection but this board has 4 axis + 2 handwheel connections (one not used) 1 with 10 pins and another with 12.
    Will have a look on the TNC155 installation manual and see if there is a handwheel test function.

Regards
    Ric

There is a way,which I forget to turn the display into a counter so that you can see if the pulses from the encoders/handwheel are getting to the control.I can`t remember what it was but the guy that will know is A L Machine Tools in Birmingham and it would be well worth asking him.He`s ex Bridgeport service.

Is the handwheel the nly error?

Now that you ask the fast travel on all axis doesn't seem to be working but I hopping that this problem is related to the handwheel fault.

If you can run a program with rapids and regular feeds, and it will run to the nominal limits in xyz without any errors, then there is a problem related most likely to the handwheel itself.

Hi everybody
    Sorry for the delay in this reply but with Christmas and a bad case of flu...
    The owner/manager decided to leave this case for after this festive season and sort the problem in January wen everything goes back to normal.
    About the problem with the encoder wheel the problem must be in the analog board I removed the board and found out the technician replaced some TTL chips in the encoder circuit so will leave this until the guy is back in January.

Happy new year to all
    Ric

Small update on this machine.
    Encoder problem sorted (don't ask...)
    But... please don't try to fix a machine that was standing for 6 years...
    The Heidenhain TNC 155Q is throwing me all the errors in the book.
    This last day and half I lost count the times I had to reset/restart the machine
    Today I reduced the amount of errors to 2 ( X- measuring system defective A and B ) and finally around 15.00 got it to move all axis without errors for about 1 1/2 hours.
    Finger crossed for tomorrow

Ric

Dear Mr. Ric
    I have millimg machine with TNC155Q controller so i have a list of the parameter and i can send it to you to try.
    best regard
    Rasol Mahdi
    [email protected]

Re: Bridgeport Interact 520V/Heidenhain TNC155Q problem

sir help me to find intract 520v parameter list with haidnhain controol thanx

Re: Bridgeport Interact 520V/Heidenhain TNC155Q problem

hello boss i need parameter list of intract 520 v machining center with hadnhain controol plz help me