586,119 active members*
3,587 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > error reading xml

error reading xml

I thought I had read a fix for this on the BC website forum. I can do a search there and find the thread, but when I click it to open it directs me to bobcad.com, so I can't see the answer.
    I have ver 25, build 769. this is on a computer with a fresh install of Win 7.
    I get this error message when I try to post, right click Milling Tools, Post

Does someone know the answer to this? I thought it had something to do with deleting an xml file, but not sure.
    Thanks,
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com

I got the same problem. It was working now it just stopped.

I went into my machine setup and changed it and then changed it back and that seemed to reset it and now it works.
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com

Okay, I think I found the answer to our problem. Don't know why it happened or if there is a better way to fix it. I am running the same setup as dlaery. Here is what I am doing to get it to post code.

I go into cam part, then milling tools, right click milling tools, then go into part, and current settings. Under machine parameters I have to change the make of my machine to BC_3x_Mill and make sure the type of machine is set to Mill. This is for my three axis mill.

Then I go to Posting and hit select under post processor. I select my post processor from the list. Then I hit OK at the bottom.

I have to repeat this under Milling tools, Default and the current settings. Then it will post code.

Never had to go through all this to post code before. I hope someone can shed some light on if there is a better work around to do the same thing with less steps. Seems to me that some setting must be off keeping it from posting code without an error.

There's a doc on the BCC web site someplace on it. I ran across it while trying to find info on the sim problem. I have no idea exactly where though.

Everything is run through the machine files now. This is due to the addition of support for the multi axis toolpaths. If you have the wrong machien chossen it will not simulate or post code correctly . It is very important if using for just 3 axis milling to not change the machine file . just leave as the

BC_3X_Mill

There is more effecting the code output in the back ground now than just the post processor and toolpath settings .

MikeG

I now see that you are right on the BC_3X_Mill setting. The thing i had a problem with is that my software was posting code just fine. Even programs that I wrote before would not be set to BC_3X_Mill. Make of the machine was set to Mori not BC_3X_Mill and under Default it would be set to BC_3X_Laser even though I generated code before with the proper settings. Once I set it now it stays in the right settings so everything is fine now. Don't have any idea how it changed all of a sudden.

Your files will carry the selected machine with them, but not their files. Just the defined, selected machine... If you open older files, or other peoples files, the machine will need to be set to the new system. If you are in a multiuser environment, be sure everyone is running the same machine files.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Your files will carry the selected machine with them, but not their files. Just the defined, selected machine... If you open older files, or other peoples files, the machine will need to be set to the new system. If you are in a multiuser environment, be sure everyone is running the same machine files.
    That was my problem.

thanks for every ones help.
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com