586,075 active members*
3,865 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ESAB Auto-Pathgx machine

Any one on here know anything about the Esab machines and the programes
    we are haveing a little trouble with the machine, its faulting in the same spot
    on the X axes, comes up fault on X2 which is the slave stepper I think.Chris

does it happen in one program? or whenever it get to one spot

we have a esab signmate1000 autopath gx

ive had problems where chips in the gear rack that would cause a x fault in a certan spot
    ive also ran into a prob with the x2 encoder but it was a hit or miss problem

also check your wires in the wire tracks from the flexing and breaking. ive been having problem with my oil mist turing on and off ant it turned out to be a broken wire

Esab problems

Well heres the deal, it only does it on some programs and not always in the same place.One thing we noticed is on the controler board or stepper board
    is a red led light at the top of the board flash's , is it supposed to ? Also the rack is clean, we are thinking maybe a bad wire ? I think the x and x2 are slaved to each other so could it be possible for one to be bad and are these steppers or servo motors, do you know the oz. rating of them.Chris

they are they are electrocraft brush servos on our machine and i dont know the oz.in. is

if it is a fault i think the light dose flash on the controler board but the fault can be anything that cuses it to miss a step

i wish i could help you more
    and the bad part is there are no old techs at esab to help

so we are getting a 3 axis upgrade from centroid

ESAB Problems

Ya I know what you mean, couple of things, can you fax me a copy of your
    settings as fare as the peramiters go, also what is the cost to retro if you don't mind me asking.My fax is 209-533-9296 our phone is 209-533-9292
    Thanks Chris or Randy

i have 3 3ring binders here of info...lol most of our settings are what esab recomended and were are up to 20k on the upgrade

what do you cut on your esab?

ESAB Problems

Well we cut aluminum , plastic,sheetmetal, some stainless,and wood,as fare
    as the manual we have one as well, I was just woundering what your constances were set at or to just to compare.20K for a retro , what does that include, also if that you doing it or them .Chris

have a nice feedrate and and spindle rpm sheet if thats what your looking for
    here is the compay thats doing the upgrade. new controler, motors, wires,limit switches. all installed by one of their installers hes going to be here on the 7th to finish it up. all the roller bearings came for mccmaster car
    so our machine will be all new when we get done

http://www.centroidcnc.com/
    http://www.mcmaster.com

we should have a ton of autopath parts when we get done if you need anything we were planing to put it on ebay

Esab problems

Thanks for the link, let me know what the parts are.Thanks Chris

there is a way to separate the x and x2 to see what side is giving the fault i have a thing that shows how to do it i will try to fax that today

Esab Problems

Ok that would be great, also if you can send a list of what your getting rid of and what you want for the stuff, might be interested in all of it.My fax incase I didn't send it is 209-533-9296.Thanks Chris

Wow, 20K greg? I just retrofitted one, added a true Z axis(with thk bearings and a leadscrew), a new mister and added a wire track to get rid of the loops of wire for about 65% of that.

erie