586,058 active members*
4,792 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Windows 7 and X6

Windows 7 and X6

Hello all,

I just installed x6 mu3 on a new computer, my old one died. The new computer has windows 7 installed. When using the selection window the window itself blinks a bit and when I extrude a a rectangle or circle to a solid
    i must move the mouse a bit before it shows up. Other than that the system seems to work ok.. any ideas

Thanks in advance

seijack

Video card/settings.

nvidia quadro fx 4600 / settings > config > screen> graphics support> OpenGL(default) is the only button selected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Try checking the "Disable acceleration" and / or "Disable front buffers"
    - the Open GL is best for the Quadro cards, the others depend on the PC build with the graphics card's settings

--- suggest you check ON the "Use 'Free' mode in dynamic spin", it allows better rotation of the 3D model on the screen.
    --- I disable the "Auto-highlight, solids by faces", when you move the mouse across the screen, it highlights complete entities ( a curve, a surface or a complete solid ). But this is to your preference, I just hate the constant flashing of each facet of a solid.

Thanks, I will play with the settings a bit. I also updated the video card driver. That seemed to help quite a bit also.

Thanks for the advice

seijack

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post

--- suggest you check ON the "Use 'Free' mode in dynamic spin", it allows better rotation of the 3D model on the screen.
    --- I disable the "Auto-highlight, solids by faces", when you move the mouse across the screen, it highlights complete entities ( a curve, a surface or a complete solid ). But this is to your preference, I just hate the constant flashing of each facet of a solid.
    Thanks Superman, that was much better. It felt like always was going the wrong way when rotating. :cheers:

Do you have any tips for pan'ing? I have assigned ALT GR+SPACE for paning but i find that a little awkward.