586,036 active members*
4,357 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New setup for GWeike 1290, Couple of questions,

Hey guys,

So I didn't receive a detailed manual... and can't get ahold of one... as G Weike told me to look at the youtube Video of a setup of another machine... So I thought I would ask here! Apologies if these are repeats {I searched I promise you}

1) What distance should I put the RECI tube from the first mirror?

2} I use the cap that came on the RECI tube to shield the High voltage line from shorting correct?

3} The "manual" I did get says I should find the copper wire and ground it into the earth... Wouldn't these machines be grounded though the ground plug it uses to plug in?

4} What is the USB wire that goes to oneof the boards in the electrical area of the machine? Not the one that goes to the exterior marked "USB" I assue I would transfer files to... There is another one wrapped inside the machine.

5} What temp do you set the CW-5000 chiller to? I am in Vancouver and it is a chilly 6C/ 42 F ?

Thanks in advance!

1) about 20mm
    2) yes
    3) they are grounded electrically, but need an additional ground (earth spike or to a metal beam that contacts the earth) to stop electrical interference with the laser tube (kinda, I am sure people will correct me)
    4) on my 1290, there was a usb coiled inside which I plugged into my computer. The usb on top is for when you have jobs loaded on a usb stick.
    5) you poor bastard. I have mine set to 20 C, but it is 35C here in the subtropics.

Have alook at Rabbit Lasers FAQ

Rabbit Laser USA - FAQs

Thanks so much!

Where would you ground that from? I checked and it is grounded to the chassis, im guessing from that point?

Hahah, I would prefer about -1C as i enjoy riding on top of fluffy, deep snow!

G.WEIKE LASER

Hi Sir,
    Firsst thank you for choosing G.WEIKE LASER

And for the user manual ,ours usally in the CDS, you can check that package with dongle ,there is two CDS, one for software and the other is for user manual.

And according to your questions ,
    1 for the distance, it is vary from the machine models, if 1290 model, usally 10cm orso .
    2,the cap is for preventing leakage
    3 ,for the ground wires, we usally suggest to plug into the earth,
    4, for the usb wires is usally for connecting machine with computer one ,if to confirm we would like to see the pictures.
    5 for chiller the best tempreture for laser tube usally setting 25 degree .
    and more questions you can wrote mails to our college,who sold machine to you ,I think she will be more helpful

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ffokazak View Post
    Hey guys,

So I didn't receive a detailed manual... and can't get ahold of one... as G Weike told me to look at the youtube Video of a setup of another machine... So I thought I would ask here! Apologies if these are repeats {I searched I promise you}

2} I use the cap that came on the RECI tube to shield the High voltage line from shorting correct?

3} The "manual" I did get says I should find the copper wire and ground it into the earth... Wouldn't these machines be grounded though the ground plug it uses to plug in?

4} What is the USB wire that goes to oneof the boards in the electrical area of the machine? Not the one that goes to the exterior marked "USB" I assue I would transfer files to... There is another one wrapped inside the machine.

5} What temp do you set the CW-5000 chiller to? I am in Vancouver and it is a chilly 6C/ 42 F ?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ffokazak View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
    Hi ,

While normally ,the distance is not a fixed figure ,but will not more than 300mm .

yes there is a protective cap coat on the high voltage to avoid High pressure firefighting/strike fire ,also you will see there are much isolating tape winded this anode connection .

Normally the G go with the plug in --at least our machines are like this ;
    there is also a G connector on rear of machine for poor G column or plug in ( without G column indeed) , so connect a copper cable to G column
    or with help of iron rod under earth about 2 meters more or less , pour saline water at last . We recommended that connect G again for Double Protection .

There are 2 USB cables like you said , one is from controller to a port beside Panel , for U disks inserts more convenient ;Another is from controller to rear of machine which is connected to PC . Normally USB cable we talked about is the second one .

For chillers ,the defaults temperature is 28 degrees. It will refrigerate if T is more than this figure . For Custmers do not need to set this ~ Alarm also works and give some sound like dididi... if abnormal actions happen.

Best regards,
    XYZ Machinery

Hope you understood the chinglish

There was an eyelet attached to an earth cable, which I screwed it into a handy hole that was on the bottom rear right corner of the machine, as you face the front. I simply bought an earth spike fron an electrical supplier (about 1m long in my wet soils), hammered that into the ground and attached the cable. I would guess that if you were in a garage or shed with metal beams, then that would be as good.

I don't know that I would connect it to water pipes. It used to be legal to earth to water pipes here in Australia, but that has sinced changed (or so my Dad, a plumber says).

Have a look in the cd's and see if the instructions are there, otherwise that rabbit laser FAQ is super handy.

-1C, you say? I think I'd prefer sitting by the pool drinking frozen daquri's

1290 setup

Hey ffokazak I just set my Gwieke 1290 up & got it running. I also live in the Vancouver area.

Send me a PM & we can chat or you can come over if you need anything more detailed. I have some things that can help, having just gone through most of the issues you probably are finding.

Regards Bob

Hi, Andrew,

Is that you?

Glad that we have a good cooperation and the machine has arrived you in good condition.

I hope the manual i sent you to you earilier today can help.

As for more questions, you can still contact me online. I will solve the problems for you thre.

Melody
    -------------------------
    Melody
    [email protected] [email protected]

Yep thats me Melody! Thanks for the updated version of the manual, it worked a lot better the pictures were attached.

Just a question about aligning the mirrors,

We got them so they all hit the cross hairs, albeit a little bit different in each corner.

How accurate do you need them to be? Exactly? I guess this will come up when doing fine engraving across the whole bed...

Just wondering!

Cheers guys, thanks for the help.

One of the most important things with these larger machines is to make sure you level the machine before you start trying align the mirrors.. Unfortunately I didnt realize this and no one ever mentioned it when I was asking for help..

Phil

I just received my LG6040N, now the fun begins in trying to get things set up. I'm about as new at this as you are, I think!

e: I didn't receive a setup manual either

:cheers: I guess Professor Kink is Donald, am i right?

Sorry about the manual disk, i think our cd writer was broken and we didn't aware of that. And now we have repaired that.

As for manal, for the video, you can have a reference of the link below (the video i uploaded to youtube),

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e9GnAL0LzA]G.Weike USB mode laser manual video - YouTube[/ame]

To Andrew: Beam alignment should be as accurate as better.

Any problem in the process of your setting up and using, please contact me.

Melody
    -------------------------
    Melody
    [email protected] [email protected]