586,308 active members*
3,563 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Recommendations for Chinese Router Purchase
Page 1 of 2 12

Recommendations for Chinese Router Purchase

Hello

I am looking to buy a CNC Router to bring my business operations in house after 2 years of outsourcing. Til now I have only focused on finding an older US/European/Japanese machine. I have had mixed results with this.

If I could afford a new machine that wouldn't need retrofitting that could be a real boost.

I intend to be doing a relatively repetitious product build that requires a relatively rigid, higher horsepower machine (7 hp minimum, ideally 10) with at least 8 " of clearance and 10" or more of Z travel. If I could afford it I would have a simple ATC setup and a second head. In my dreams the machine would have moving tables for rigidity. I have to hog out a lot of wood from large blocks that measure 7" deep by one foot square.

So, I am wondering if anyone can either:
    • refer me to a good thread on the pros and cons of chinese machines and which ones have the best reputations
    • send me their experience buying and using a chinese machine

Thanks!

Hi, Daniel.

Greetings here from Cherry. Wishing you a happy and pleasant new year!
    I works in a cnc router factroy located in China.
    About your doubts, here is my understanding:

1st. People chose to buy from China because the price is really good because of the low labor costs.

2nd, Although there are still some small factories make the machines not very good and sent it to their customs, we can not deny that other big factories are trying their best to change the bad expression of "made in china". They try their best to develop and make excellent machines and provide timely after-sale service.

3rd, I think you can not make your mind because you worry about the quality. So here is my suggestion, buy a goog used cnc router made in Germany or Japan or...; or buy a new cnc router from China, but do not chose the lowest price. Chose the big factory.

Hope you can find a satisfied machine to help you expand your business!
    Thanks & Regards,
    Cherry

Thanks Cherry. That was a very good message to get from someone in China who is not trying to sell me something. Really appreciate that. Have a great new year.

Quote Originally Posted by danielcoyle View Post
    Thanks Cherry. That was a very good message to get from someone in China who is not trying to sell me something. Really appreciate that. Have a great new year.
    (*^__^*) My pleasure. i also learn a lot from cnc zone. Any questions, feel free to contact me.

Hi Daniel,
    Happy new year to you and hope you and your family have a good 2013 year.
    We are CNC factory , I just share my experience on the CNC machines.
    Made in China now faced so many blames these years because of the bad quality.
    So some customers will choose the Japan , French or Italy machine parts on a CNC machines. They do not like to use China's parts, this is a way to prolong the machine;s lifetime. As some Japan parts company , likey , YASKAWA , not only their parts quality is good , but also they provide the International warranty service, so you can repair the broken parts in your country.
    Anyway , hope you can find out a machine soon.
    Please contact me if you need any help.

danielcoyle

Guangdaly have just set up in Canada & will be in the USA this year with a sales & service
    of there machines

This is a good company to look at, there machines are very well built, quality is very good

Guangdaly will also build the machine how you want it, if there standard machines won't do what you need

I agree with Cherry, on the buy from a large company,

You should only buy from the manufacture Direct, there are many machines being sold in China that are relabled & being sold by just a sales outlet, this is were people get problems with service, or replacement parts

But don't agree with buying a used machine

CNC ROUTER, GDL, GUANGDALY
    Mactec54

thanks for that mactec
    do you own one of these?

danielcoyle

I helped assemble one of there machines in Canada 2 weeks ago, all steel frame, stress relieved (heat treated) after fabricating/welding, machined everywere that is needed to make a accurate machine, Hiwin linear rails etc, machines are ready to run, with some simple assembly, servos or steppers your choice
    Mactec54

is that how they ship them, unassembled? who is the Canadian dealer? thanx...

kiramunch@sympa

There is very little to assemble, just the base mostly, the X Y Z is complete, I think there is going to be two sales outlets in Canada, but not sure of that, the main one is in Richmond BC which is just getting set up
    Mactec54

mac tec

thanks again. i wrote to the company based on what you said.

do you think the chinese spindles are legit? and, how important are ball screws on the x and y? i have only used machines with ball screws on all axis.

do you know of any other chinese companies that have decent reputations or have distribution/sales in the states?

dan

Quote Originally Posted by danielcoyle View Post
    mac tec

thanks again. i wrote to the company based on what you said.

do you think the chinese spindles are legit? and, how important are ball screws on the x and y? i have only used machines with ball screws on all axis.

do you know of any other chinese companies that have decent reputations or have distribution/sales in the states?

dan
    what is the working size you want? usually, if it is larger than 1300mm*2500mm, we use rack and pinion transmission on X Y Axis and ball screw transmission on Z axis. ball screw transmission can make the machine work faster than rack and pinion transmission. But rack and pinion transmission can make sure higher precision than ball screw transmission.

danielcoyle

If you are looking at a long machine Rack & Pinion is best, The machines I was talking about use Helical Rack & Pinion, this is a big improvement of straight cut Rack, which is what most use

do you think the chinese spindles are legit?

Yes most are very good, I'm repairing one right now

The machines I was referring too, use only the best components for there machines, The VFD they use for the spindle is Delta, Most parts that they use you can get replacement parts in the USA or Canada
    Mactec54

daniel

i also using chinese router.. tough im using ligther machine than you need..

ballscrews can be more precise and reaching same speed as rack n pinios..
    but.. you need about 0.1 mm precision, rack n pinion will makes that..

for this machine you describe, on the long axis a ground high precision ballscrew very expenses.. can be 10K or over..so rack n pinion very affordable..

helical gear works smoother than straigth..

spindles.. so many user using, that you can be sure its working.. for me the inverter went wrong about 2 year use.. migthbe i forced too much, i dont know.. but it can be purchased anytime..

also you never know what brand has outsourced work in china..so can happen you buy a brand and that also made in china..

thanks for the feedback on the rack and pinion vs. ball screw and your experience with chinese spindles mac. i thought i would get more feedback from owners of chinese machines. right now the company you know is the only one i have real feedback on mac. will have to contact a few other companies and ask them for references.

given the nature of what i am doing (small footprint and heavy duty hogging of wood) does it make more sense to look at a mill instead of a router?

danielcoyle

What size foot print are you looking for, A cnc mill is not normaly used for milling wood, it's ok for doing some wood on, but not all the time, like production

What do you call heavy duty hogging
    Mactec54

I hog out about 90% of the material on a 12"x10"x8" block of hardwood. The object is somewhat bowl shaped so I have to use a 2.5" tool extender to reach into the carve. This puts more pressure (because of the leverage) on the spindle and system. To go fast it seems that the more rigidity and power the better.

Thoughts?

daniel

folks will help you.. but they can answer only what you asking..

there are routers, by scm or other brands making european style doors. and they carry seriously half ton weigth tooling on their gantry.. they sure sure strong

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdlWuofwRyY]Biesse CNC Window & Door - YouTube[/ame]

or theres the frog system..

can you afford that?

if not, then you can go with mactec or other maker.. just give them you have, and they can help you..
    send them in email what you try to making and they offer something.. they know better what machine you need, since they design their machines for tasks..

they have a factory behind them, so can happen they make you machine with reinforced gantry..

Wow. That machine can remove material fast. Quite some tooling as well. No way I could afford it but good to see what is possible.

No word back from the company MacTech mentioned yet. Will let you know what they say when I do hear. Weike (who I am buying a laser from) said they do not make the right machines for hogging out wood and recommended Excitech. Have seen few reviews of them but they seem to have their own forum on this site.

danielcoyle

By what you are saying there is not a standard machine that will do the work that you want, it will have to be a custom built machine, The Biesse is a great machine & so is the price, plus it is a very large machine, by your posts, you want a small Biesse machine to do your work, any standard machine from any manufacture is not going to work for you

As far as spindles go you will need no less than a #30 Taper spindle, you need to tell us how big the X Y Z axes have to be for your work area
    Mactec54

Page 1 of 2 12