587,006 active members*
3,242 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Tutorials > How to Model This ??

How to Model This ??

I have attached a file and what I have drawn is the inner and outer path I would like the model to follow in Dark Blue.The sectional view is drawn in Light Blue and Black.I was looking for the easiest,fastest,and best way to draw this.Most importantly the best way,because I need no problems with the surfaces because I have to machine all of this model and customer is very detail oriented(anal).I have to machine 3 of these for a High End Car.They are carburetor air cleaner bases.From these he will be forming aluminum sheet and tig welding to these bases to make an air cleaner assembly.Appreciate any and all help and time involved,Thanx,JAMES
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is a pic of the section.I just need to some how do this all around the oval.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

surface sweep
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

That's what I thought.Just needed that PUSH to keep on trying.Thanx derstap.Here is a pic of how she will be.From here there will be sheet formed and attached.Although it a looks like I have to make a slight adjustment in size.No biggy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Assembly.JPG  

Just make sure to check your arcs...LOL They can do wierd things at times... Hope it goes well for you....
    Using CNC Masters Supra Knee Mill, 4 Axis vari speed. Bob Cad V-23, V26, Bob Art