587,421 active members*
3,203 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas VF2, good for production?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by rowbare View Post
    I am assuming that the parts you are dealing with are quite large.

Given the list of materials you have posted, I don't know what an SS version will buy you. The metal removal rate at low RPM will suck. There are threads dealing with that here if you search a bit. The SSYT costs as much as a VF3 so if you have the budget for it you should be able to afford the VF3 (not factoring in shipping etc...). You should really consider the optional gearbox. It will give you much better performance at low rpms.

bob
    Agree 100%. The VF2SSYT is more expensive than a standard VF3. The most expensive machine is the one that don´t give you the parts your customer want

Furthermore if you really worry about rigidity maybe you should consider a machine with box type guideways instead of linear guideways and with gearbox as suggested

Quote Originally Posted by The Swede View Post

Furthermore if you really worry about rigidity maybe you should consider a machine with box type guideways instead of linear guideways and with gearbox as suggested
    The most rigid VMC I run has linear guideways on all axies, but it weighs 60,000 pounds, cat 50 tapper, spindle nose diameter of 10 inches with very little projection and 32 inches of travel on Y. Point being, You need iron! I've ran a Hyundai-kia VX500 and it out performed a VF-3 in production. But the Haas control is much easier to use with its large screen, keyboard, probes/VQC.