586,489 active members*
2,620 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V24 crashing when opened

V24 crashing when opened

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with my V24 problem.

When opening Bcc it starts to load but doesn't get past the loading screen before a window pops up saying,

"BobCAD V24 application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
    When I click on the data report to see where the problem is, it appears to be an issue with "lathe0009r.dll". I have installed the latest update, 546 in hopes it would cure the problem. It didn't. Also went into install/uninstall programs and did a repair but again the same result.

This issue just popped up last week but I hadn't used V24 for probably a month or so prior to that. As I recall it worked fine at that time.

Any ideas?

This may sound strange but I don't seem to have the original install program. I can't find a disc and seem to remember downloading it from Bobcad.com but it was too long ago for me to remember.

I have not tried contacting bobcad tech yet. I do not have any tech support package with them.

Thanks,
    Nate

If the software will not open this is usually an issue with the tooling or machine file having a corruption or improper installation settings. There are two methods of fixing this. Method 1 below has many steps but method 2 will work and is simplified, but requires uninstalling the software.

Method 1:
    First check that it is not the tooling or machine files causing the issue. To do this, open windows explorer, navigate to the milling technology directory.
    Located in either:
    C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V25\MillingTechnology

Or:

C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V24\MillingTechnology\

Or:

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\ Milling Technology\

Or for V23 with Windows 64 bit:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\MillingTechnology

In the Milling Technology folder there are more folders. Delete the contents of these folders and sub folders (Do not delete the actual folders only the files.).

See if the software will open, if not repeat this process for the Lathe Technology directory.

If the above steps do not solve the issue, delete the Milling and or Lathe Machine file,
    Navigate to your post directory.
    Located in either:

C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V25\Posts\Mill

Or:

C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V24\Posts\Mill

Or:

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\Posts\Mill

Or for V23 with Windows 64 bit:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\Posts\Mill

Delete the MillingMachineSetup.bin file.

Method 2:
    If Method 1(listed above) does not resolve the issue or seems too complicated, the following steps will correct the issue as well for V25.
    1. Backup any post-processors that you may have modified.
    2. Uninstall BobCAD-CAM
    3. In windows navigate to the C:\drive If you only purchased V25 then delete the BobCAD-CAM Data Folder. If you have other BobCAD programs installed then go into the BobCAD-CAM Data Folder and delete the BobCAD-CAM V25 file. (This may already be removed)
    4. In windows navigate to the C:\Program files\BobCAD-CAM\ directory (This may already be removed)
    5. Delete the BobCAD-CAM V25 folder
    6. Re-install the software.

If Method 1(listed above) does not resolve the issue or seems too complicated, the following steps will correct the issue as well for V24
    2. Uninstall BobCAD-CAM
    3. In windows navigate to the C:\drive If you only purchased V24 then delete the BobCAD-CAM Data Folder. If you have other BobCAD programs installed then go into the BobCAD-CAM Data Folder and delete the BobCAD-CAM V24 file.
    4. In windows navigate to the C:\Program files\BobCAD-CAM\ directory
    5. Delete the BobCAD-CAM V24 folder
    6. Re-install the software.

For V23:
    2. Uninstall BobCAD-CAM
    3. In windows navigate to the C:\drive\Program Files If you only purchased V23 then delete the BobCAD-CAM Data Folder. If you have other BobCAD programs installed then go into the BobCAD-CAM Data Folder and delete the BobCAD-CAM V23 file.
    4. Re-install the software.
    For V23 with a 64 bit Operating System:
    2. Uninstall BobCAD-CAM
    3. In windows navigate to the C:\drive\Program Files(x86) If you only purchased V23 then delete the BobCAD-CAM Data Folder. If you have other BobCAD programs installed then go into the BobCAD-CAM Data Folder and delete the BobCAD-CAM V23 file.
    4. Re-install the software.

Thanks Sean!

Deleting the files in the Lathe Technology folder did the trick.

Nate