586,077 active members*
3,644 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > X3/SX3/G0619/G0463 > X3 Ballscrew 1605 Recommended Fitting

X3 Ballscrew 1605 Recommended Fitting

Thinking of purchasing and fitting 1605 ballscrews (X,Y & Z axis) to my X3 as part of CNC conversion. Would like advice regarding bearing supports and ballnut mounting. Is it best to use BK/BF12 bearing supports, or modify the X3 supports? Worried about how to get good alignment. If anyone has photos of their 1605 install on an X3 please share...

Thanks,
    Mark

I don't have an X3 but if you still have your X3 working couldn't you make them? If you want to be up and running right away I would use CNC fusion kit. Then you spend more time making parts instead of making the machine, but then that takes away the fun of it.
    www.VicRC.com

Yes, I intend to make everything myself rather than use a kit. Lots of people seem to be using the CNCFusion kit, but I'd rather build the parts myself. Interested in whether anyone else has used 1605 ballscrews and how they mounted them (especially bearing mounts and type of bearings)...

Hi Mark,
    Check out X3 Version 3. He has a good conversion going on. You can also download the drawings for his conversion for a better look.

Jan Rune

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the link. Great information. Just what I was looking for. Shame I can't read German, but because there are plenty of photos and drawings it's still very useful...

Mark

Yeah same for me. I find Google Translate to be a good tool. Then I can atleast understand whats going on.

I built the Z-axis on my SX3 the same way as his version 3. Only bigger diameter(20-05) C7 ballscrew with two nuts for backlash adjustment.

All his dimensions are spot on and my Z ballscrew is mounted perfectly straight.