After being overwhelmed by all of the different DIY CNC table builds, feature advantages/disadvantages, functions, sizes, etc. I decided to go with a proven winner. Special thanks and a deep bow to JGRO for graciously sharing his table design FREE for the CNC hobbyist.

I decided to go with an almost stock version of the JGRO table and started printing out the plans and acquiring materials over a year ago (Jan. 8, 2005). Today, after much agonizing, sweat, sunburn, blood sacrifices, and late nights, my table is nearly complete. Items to finish include cable beautification, home & limit switches, RotoZip mounting brackets, an enclosure to contain dust, and tweaking.

I'm under no delusions that the end result is perfect. The table could be flatter, it's a little out of square and there is an extra brace for the X-axis roller bearings. It doesn't matter, as it still seems to be more accurate than any drilling and sawing that I can do by hand.

After a request from Jason Marsha, I have decided to document my build in this thread. I'll try to note minor changes I'd make if I had to do it all over.

Off we go,

HayTay