586,366 active members*
3,204 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ihcnc contact?

Has anyone been able to contact IHCNC/Tommy?
    Their phone is OFF for the past few days and of course no response to emails.
    Im waiting on them to ship my machine and cant get any info.:drowning:

I spoke with Tommy on the phone last Friday I believe. I've sent him a couple emails since them with no reply. For what it's worth, I'm trying to give him money, not chasing after anything I'm "owed", so he's probably away/busy. If he was purposely avoiding you, I think he'd still be actively trying to get some more cash out of other people

Sorry, I know that doesn't help you much, but hopefully it puts your mind at ease at least a little bit.. :/

Well, the phones are back on. Talked to him, it did settled my mind a little.
    Still trying to establish a shipping schedule. Thanks.

Phones are off again, website times out.
    Im an inch away from getting my mill and it looks like he runs out of money. Good grief.

Talked with him about 2-3 weeks ago and everything sounded fine. Checked the site - seems down. His ph. # was working up until a couple days ago but just went to message and was full.

Today it appears to be disconnected.

Doesn't sound good. Tag for updates.

Same here, when I talked to him maybe 2 weeks ago nothing seemed to indicate he was about to go under or disappear. I hope it's a temporary thing somehow.

Has anyone heard from Tom? I am also supposed to be getting a machine soon and his phones are off and his websites and email are down.

Is there some way to tell if the www.ihcnc.com site is completely gone or if there if there is just some sort of problem with the server on which it is hosted?

IH's website and phones haven't been working for two weeks now. Today IH's company name and website doesn't even appear on a Google search meaning that it has been deliberately scrubbed. I take this as confirmation that the company is out of business.

That's really sad. The IH was a good machine. I considered buying one last year but ultimately went with Tormach. I really wish Aaron had continued in the business.

John

i just tried getting onto mtw site and its down too.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner4404spd View Post
    i just tried getting onto mtw site and its down too.
    Working just fine as of this moment

oh good i was starting to worry. no more IH sized mills in the us

website is back, I'll try the phones on monday.

I received the following e-mail from IH today:

I apologize for the late reply. We had hit a big financial bump, however we
    are back up and running. Website is up and running and so is our phones. If
    you would like please give me a call and I would be more than happy to go
    into detail with you and answer any questions you might have.

Thank you,

Tommy Spada
    IHCNC

It looks like IH for now is back in business again.

Talking Tommy and IH CNC PLUS tool CHANGER

I talked with tommy yesterday and he is back up and running. His problem is cash flow and he is working another job get back on his feet.

For all of those out there with IH CNC Mills, a word of encouragement is in order. Over the last 6 months I have been designing a 12 tool tool changer using CAT30 tool holders. This tool changer will probably be finished in February as I need the assistance of a programmer to write the M06 sub routines. A friend has volunteered to help me on the coding.

The tool changer will require 125 PSI air and a few I/O ports. A note, the parts are mostly aluminum and when I made them on my IH CNC machine it was $200.00 of material and 40 hours of machining. Two of the parts are better suited to manufacture by water jet cutting. The three air cylinders, valves and the electric motor which rotate the turret cost about $350.

I will keep the group apprised of my progress. I am going to post Assembly Drawings in a PDF format If I can get some simple instructions on posting files from one of the Moderators.

Some pics of the toolchanger would be awesome!

Definitely interested in the tool changer. I'd love to see any more information you have on it, or even some pictures videos of it in action!

I'd love to see photos as well. Pittsbugh just got a Tech Shop so I finally have a second machine shop to make parts for my machine shop. :-)