586,416 active members*
3,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

A Little Help Please

So i have finally built my machine. now having a little trouble when getting a new arm made up i will explain so i have drawn up my design in solid works and saved it as a .igs file opened the file in bobcad sorted all the machining out in bobcad but when profiling the arm every pass it moves away by a few mill have attached a photo it is quite hard to explain at first i thought it might be the drawing so redrawn the whole thing but same thing happened don't have a clue been scratching my head past few days trying to figure it out will appreciate any help thanks

I dont see it in your toolpath, you may be loosing steps on that axis.

You should make sure your not too close to the "edge" of your machines capabilities, try slowing down your feedrate, if that doesnt work, try slowing down your acceleration, check the mechanics of that axis to be sure it moves freely when not connected to the motor, check all connectors between motor and drive mech to ensure no slipping.

Just a place to start.

John

What type of bit are you using? Looks like your stepping may be off or you are missing steps. What controller and cnc software are you using? Have you cut anything successfully yet?
    My CNC Router Build - http://tinyurl.com/c3vs3ca