586,111 active members*
3,183 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

how to change properties for rotary...

Hi,
    I'm Goran and I'm not so new on this forum but I have not be active for several months. Well since few days ago I haven't tryed to attach my rottary to the machine, but now I do need to work something. And that when I see that I can't where to change the properties in the softwer. And I did get and instructions from the company it is a picture and I can't find where is the settings in the soft.

I'm using laser cut 5.3 soft, motion card mpc6515, co2 80w

If someone can help me it will be nice.

thanks

Hurricane lasers has a manual for the rotary. You can grab it here: Hurricane Laser support

Scroll down a little and you can download it..

Phil

Thanks Phylo ...

I deed see that and downloaded it but I got a different solution from the red dot (the company that sold me the machine) where they are changeing the properties in settings,somewhere, and for diferent diameter is a different step lenght for a different diameter of the product which is calculated like this : diameter of a bottle per say 100/ 3/6400.
    So anyway I'll try this tommorow and see if it works ...

Thank You

Hi , jassk
    Have a look at the following link
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...ry_device.html
    Find para in laser cut/ file /option/machine option /worktable
    later I will attach a screenshot .
    Caution: modify any para will lead abnormal running , you'd better get the agreement from manufacture .
    Best regards,
    XYZ Machinery

Well I did something today on a bottle of wine and I think it was good except that the power is to strong if its 22 and its too soft if its 20 with speed 350. Maybe a help about the good quality on a bottle or glass ?
    And about the settings I did change the numbers in Y axis, but I used the formula n(diameter of the bottle) * 3.14 and pulse 6400. And I did get a dimensions of the etched picture same as they were in the software and almost good quality , but I think that I will get that in few days.

So if You can send me a picture of the software parameters it will be great, so I can see if I'm wrong even that I think that I did good.

Thanks

Goran

Para settings are like this

XYZ Machinery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary settings in software.jpg  

First thank you for the picture.
    I havent change the number in the range at all and how did you get this number, is it a real diameter of the object or did you calculated this number ?
    And I did change only the number in pulse unit settings calculated like d*3.14/2.

So where and what should I calculate and change it.
    If You can tell me step by step I'll be grateful.

Thanks again

Goran.

Hi , jassk
    Have a look at the following link
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...ry_device.html
    Find para in laser cut/ file /option/machine option /worktable
    Caution: modify any para will lead abnormal running , you'd better get the agreement from manufacture .

Best regards,
    XYZ Machinery

The first question is "Is it a Chuck Type or Friction Roller Type rotary axis?"

Anyway the way to work it out is similar for both types.

You need the number of steps per revolution of the chuck or friction roller. I can not tell you what that is for your machine. ( I suspect it is 6400) But I can show how I would work it out for mine. Maybe that will help.

My rotary attachment is driven by a 200 step/rev motor. The stepper driver is ten micro-step. So 200*10=2000. One motor rev is 2000 steps.

The belt reduction ratio between the motor and chuck is 10 to 1. 10*2000=20000 So 20,000 steps per revolution of the chuck.

Therefore 20000 is the number of steps per 360 degree rotation. You need to figure out what yours is.

Knowing that number of steps, the calculation is, D*pi/20,000 with the answer being the distance per pulse in mm to enter.

D equals the diameter in mm of the work piece in the chuck.
    pi equals 3.14159 D*pi gives the circumference of the work piece.
    Divide that by 20000, being the number of steps per chuck revolution.(on my machine)

So if the piece was 85mm dia, the calculation would be 85*pi/20000 = 0.0133517688. This is the value to enter in the Y field.

Or if the piece was 13mm dia, it would be 13*pi/20000 = .002042035

See the pic below, taken from the 5.1 manual,

Now if it is a friction roller type then D equals the diameter of the roller. And this will stay constant for any diameter job that you put on the rollers.

Hope this helps,

Greolt

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LaserCut 5.1 rotary step setting.jpg  

Ok thanks a lot Greolt

I'll try that in a bit. Anyway I have a chuck rotary with 6400 steps per revolution. (thats the number in the y axis settings)
    So as I see it I should calculate the 360 degree rotation as 10 * 6400 equal to 64000, and then to calculate like d * pi / 64000, and put that number in the y axis field.

Did I got it right finally or not ?

Goran

If the rotary takes 6400 steps for one 360 degree revolution,

and the job to engrave is 50mm in diameter,

then 50 * pi / 6400 = 0.0245437

0.0245437 is the pulse unit in mm

These Chinese laser controllers all use confusing terminology.

What "Pulse Unit" means, is the distance the axis moves per pulse (or step) in mm