586,110 active members*
3,162 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Kitamura MyCenter 2 VMC Fanuc 6m

I just recently purchased this machine used, with no manuals and was able to get it running and zero'ed all the axes, and am not well versed on fanuc as far as basic info. for instance can some tell me the steps for making manual moves in mdi, or toolchange or spindle run or even simple programming.
    I know how to program I just dont know how to enter or make it run. I have priced manuals (around $600.00) and can't afford them right now so any help would be greatly appreiciated.

I think I can help, We have 2 machines with the same control.
    Are you needing key stroke by key stroke instruction?

Thanks for the reply, For starters if I want to move in mdi after I home all axes what are the steps involved? example: 1. selctor switch to MDI 2. G00x-2.00y-2.00f200 3. enter 4. cycle start...........thanks for any help.

Also would you be able to help with the copies of the manuals?

lets try this for a MDI move.
    1.Power up and home the machine.
    2. Go to your offset screen and check that the off sets for g54 X and Y are set to zero This page may have them numberd 1-10. on ours 1 is 53, 2 is 54 etc.
    3. Mode switch to MDI.
    4. type in GO G54 X6.Y-6., you may have to page down to get to the screen you can input data.
    5. START
    The machine shold move.
    Some 6's have an INC/ABS button on the control. Be sure it is in ABS mode. Ours powrs up in INC mode.
    Let me know if this works.

Hi
    I have same machine as your.
    I do have all manual come with.
    What manual you want?
    I can do the copy for you.
    But EMS cost from Thailand may up to 100$
    Any idea. Let me know.

CBMach

Kitamura Manuals

Thank you for your response to my need for Manuals for the Kitamura 6m, I can not buy actual Manuals from Kitamura for this machine they only sell a basic g-code programing manual and it cost $250.00. I would gladly pay the shipping charges for copies of all of the actual manuals plus any cost for your time.

Could you send me the Parameter list please

let I have your email.So I can send you parameter.

Email

My email address is [email protected]

Thank You very much

Retention studs

I am looking for the dimensions of a retention stud for a Kitamura mycenter 2 with BT 35 tool.

Hello-
    I too recently purchased a used 1981 Kitamura Mycenter 2 with Fanuc 6M-B control. I can email you a pdf of the retention stud if you like in exchange for an answer to my question. I am new to the machine world so I am learning as I go.

I have 3 phase power, oil cooler, air, cutting fluid pump and all fluids (except for cutting fluid) in the machine. However, the "Not Ready" screen showing the control version will not change. Could this be due to not having the cutting fluid and pump hoses on the machine. I won't have cutting fluid until later next week so that's why I am asking.

Thanks!

Hi
    You get " Not ready" Screen. then you will not do any other fucntion.
    Check Emergency switch, Fuse Etc.
    Yabbos, I only have pull stud drawing on paper. . It have to scan to JPG file first .
    If I have your fax No. Then I can Fax.

Thank you CB MACH, but I have aquired pull studs. TFGC I have not seen this problem on my machine.

Hi
    retention stud " and Pull stud is same?
    Is it the part that conect to Holder?
    That use to lock holder to Spindle?

Let me start at the beginning. I purchased this used 1981 Kitamura M-2 and had it shipped to me. It arrived with the table centered under the spindle head. The spindle head is supported by a block of wood.

When I power up the machine, the 2nd LS For Overtravel Remove Switch light comes on immediately and the screen reads "Not Ready". The manual states that the 2nd LS Remove Switch stops the machine in the same way as the emergency stop.

Is it possible the spindle or table appears to be seen in an overtraveled state? Or could there be a fuse/switch to replace? Any suggestions are encouraged! Thank you.

2nd LS For Overtravel Remove Switch should be lit at power up and is used when there has been an over travel of any axis, when you hold this switch in and use the resolver you can move off of an over travel. as far as not coming out of not ready mode I don't have a clue other than maybe check that you are phased correct and your voltage is correct.

Hi
    Can you do the manual move some axis if Press 2nd LS ON"?
    Are you sure that Table is not hit LS? X, Y ,Z
    I think it look like it overtravel. Problem.
    I don,t know much about it. But I have same machine as your. So I try to help.

Any Kitamura has a small switch for releasing the 2nd limit switch.
    Its the only switch that you have to keep up, otherwise it wil switch back automatic.
    Ok, hold this switch on, if things go well, the hydrolics will start and the X, Y and Z-axes will be engaged.
    Now select manual handle X1 or X10, (not X100!) and rotate the manual pulse generator in the right direction.
    Normaly this will work. If not succesfull on of the 2nd limit switches will be dirty, and need to be checked.

Good luck!

It could be in an overtravel state. You may want to look for an OT override/release push button. Press and continue to hold the button, then press the control on button again while CONTINUING to hold down the OT override/release button and now handle the axis to the center of thier travels.

The overtravel switches have a tendency to stick in. The time honoured method to release them is to make sure that you have moved the axis off of the switch (A large grey multi switch block) and they give the switch a hefty belt with a mallet. I worked for Kitamura for 10 years and that is how we always did it. The problem is that the overtravel switches are very rarely pressed. As regards manuals you need a Fanuc manual as the Kitamura manuals were very basic. I am afraid that I no longer have copies but yor local fanuc agent should have details and because they are so old now they may let you have them.

Page 1 of 2 12