586,089 active members*
4,037 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Did anyone ever get the rails they paid JimmJames1981 for?mes

Angry Did anyone ever get the rails they paid JimmJames1981 for?mes

He offered a bunch of linear rails for great prices here a while back. I sent him $94 for a set of rails, tracked the package to his front door....Didnt hear back for weeks. I finally emailed him to see what was up, and now he claims he never got the money...despite it being tracked.

Thread:
    Tons of used thk linear guide rails and bearings - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net!

Did anyone who dealt with him ever get their stuff?

Im officially panicking since he isnt responding to my messages. This is a business expense and I have no choice but to escalate the matter until my funds or products have been returned. Im open to suggestions, and even valid excuses on his part. But forgetting about it and chocking it up to bad luck is not an option.

For now, my advice is Buyer Beware. This is going to end up as a big deal and major pain in the ass, likely costing much more than the rails themselves.

Marty

Someone posted a few days ago that they had received their rails and bearings.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Someone posted a few days ago that they had received their rails and bearings.
    I sure didnt. Also, when I go to look at my "sent messages" the folder is empty. Any reason why this would be? I'd like to look over the last message I sent.

I bought a set and sent him a PO money order by snail mail. I think it was about two, two and a half weeks before they arrived, it could have been sooner as I have to pick up my mail at the post office and I only go 1 or 2 times a week. (when I don't forget and skip a week)

From my experience he did what he said and am happy with what I got. I have not reason to think he will not follow through.

Oh, I also did not get any email from him stating when he shipped etc but they did show up.

Well, hes saying he didnt get his money. I have proof that he did- tracked all the way to his door. I have very few options here, but he needs to respond to my messages pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    I bought a set and sent him a PO money order by snail mail. I think it was about two, two and a half weeks before they arrived, it could have been sooner as I have to pick up my mail at the post office and I only go 1 or 2 times a week. (when I don't forget and skip a week)

From my experience he did what he said and am happy with what I got. I have not reason to think he will not follow through.

Oh, I also did not get any email from him stating when he shipped etc but they did show up.

Well I hope you get it worked out, never like to see a seller or buyer have problems.

And I just want to clarify my remark about getting email from JimmJames. We did send email back and forth to make sure what I was getting was in good working order and what I needed. May have not been clear but after sending payment he did not send email stating date shipped, or tracking number, but I did not ask for one.

The above has nothing to do with your problem, but just wanted to clarify what I meant but was not clear in previous post.

Did you send check or money order, can you check to see if they cleared your bank or however your funds were sent? Don't know what type of tracking you had but unless he or family member signed for it, it may have disappeared out of his mail box. I had that problem more than once when I lived at my last location. Not trying to make any excuse for him, just things to consider.

sorry for looking for hardheaded..

i can get tracking number, that shows package or mail get the destination..

with certified mail, plus, i going to get proof, on the adress, residential, someone signed and get IN THEIR HAND the mail

so did you have only tracking number, or do you have certified mail?

it can happen mail get into a mailbox.. and tracking number will shows it delivered..
    yet the actual person received nothing yet.. if it is money order.. simply cancel it..

we living on city limit, and we have 2 zipcode actually.. we had many misdelivered mail within years..
    and some addup for this, exact same streetname within 1 mile..

i dont know jimmy.. these only you migth consider too..

Couple quick notes:
    - I ship USPS for work a lot and on a few occasions they marked packages (Priority Mail) as delivered when they were not. The customers went to the post office to complain and it was waiting there. It's also happened to me received a package once. You can place a trace on it.

- Fedex is also an ongoing problem -- they have previously marked packages to me as "attempted delivery", when they clearly had not been here. Proven by my facing the front door, and they left no tag. Perhaps you have a similar situation.

- Did you send a check or money order? If so see if you can track that being deposited. Or stop the check.

I bought linear rails from jimmyjames,and while the shipping was a little slower than I'm used to (I buy on ebay sometimes),everything arrived as described and well packaged,jimmy has a work schedule that dos'nt allow for easy communication sometimes so this might be a factor,but check this out,when I sent payment ,I included $70 for shipping as he estimated,but when he went to ship UPS they charged him $140 ,possibly because the package was overweight(89 lbs) I think. I offered to send him $50 to make up some of the difference,because it was such a good deal to begin with,but he declined.
    He said it was okay,and not to worry about it.
    So,bearing the above in mind,it sounds like a money order gone astray,and not anything sinister,I'd have no qualms about dealing with him again.