586,106 active members*
3,159 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > spindle control c32 board help

spindle control c32 board help

Trying to wire my g0704 to my c32 board to control the spindle.
    Instructions for the c32 say to power the board with a 12 or 24 volt power supply isolated from the board ground.

I used a 12v 1 amp supply from a router I had.
    set the pins up in mach and when I turn the spindle on in mach to try to get a pwm signal of ten volts out of the board the max voltage I get is 1.3 volts.

turning the pot on the board will decrease and increase the voltage but 1.3 is the max.

Set the spindle velocity to the max as stated in the instructions and tried changing the accel but there is not difference.

The board does active the relay that would be used to start the spindle and I can get the spindle to move at a blazing 52 rpm.

Any ideas?

Try changing the Steps per setting for the spindle. I don't think the amount of voltage has much bearing on spindle operation. I mean it does, but it is adjustable with steps, velocity and acceleration. Been awhile since I actually set mine up, so may be a little foggy.
    Lee

I think I may have figured it out or just go lucky?
    I set the steps to 1000 velocity maxed out.

What I didn't do is set up the pulleys? Well at least the first time I tried it I left it alone and got the 1.3 volts.

So I just set pulley 1 to 2500rpm and I had voltage on the pwm signal out?

Adjusted it to as close to 10v as possible and now it works?

2500 max rpm mill is going 2496 close enough and 10.02 volts at the pwm out. If I type in 1250rpm you would think I would get 5.01 volts out but I only get 4.75 and I get an rpm of 1080.

Not sure where to set the pmwbasefeq under config/ports pins/spindle set up.
    I read the mach manual and do not understand what it is talking about. I am running 25khz and when I read it is seems as if I need to run a lower number in this box to get more "steps" that mach and output speeds.

So at 5hz it will be able to do 2500 different speeds and at 10hz it can do half of that.

Am I reading that wrong?

Not sure on this. I do know it takes quite a bit of trial and error to come up with the speeds you want.
    On mine, I wanted about 3000 RPM low speed and 6600RPM was my high speed.
    I finally got very close to both of those speeds when called out. Lower numbers started getting incrementally farther from called speed as did the speeds in between the low and high.
    I don't think you will get it perfect. I know I had a bit higher speeds in the AM than what I had in the PM. I think that was just voltage drop on our lines when in high use. Not much, but enough to test out a difference.
    Lee