586,076 active members*
3,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad V23 Lost Software

BobCad V23 Lost Software

Bought V23 maybe 2-3 years ago. I got the Mill/Lathe Pro and BobArt, I use a dongle for license.

From day 1, BobCad would not load all the way through to end, always hung up, at the same spot- "C:\...\System Files\Predator Virtual CNC 2007 for BobCad.msi, it won't error just sits there til I reboot, left it overnight before and it's still there.

Yearly the software shuts down, or I loose software or functionality of software, this time about Thanksgiving time I went in and lathe will not work. Today I click on BobCad Icon and it tries to start but after clicking yes to the question of letting the program make changes it just won't load again.

I'm guessing it is in conflict with something on my computer but no one will help me find out why it software degrades.

As of right now I'm totally dead in the water, can someone give me a hand or suggestions of what is going on.

Thx,
    OP

What you using for computer and OS?

This is something that you should contact technical support about. This is something that is install related and does not require support. I go in at 10:30 am est tomorrow if you want to contact technical support, you can ask for me and we can get this handled. The number is located in my signature.

Now using Windows7, HP Pavilion. My original computer was a Compaq Presario that barely met V23 requirements.

Could you please call be again older, I misplaced your information yesterday after you called.

Sean,
    I got it fixed, had to go through Geek Squad and they had to manually copy info from somewhere. I tried to call you, got redirected to a young lady. She was supposed to send me a link to get a copy of software, it never arrived here, so that's why I called Geek Squad.
    Thx.

How did they fix it? Disable DEP? (data execution prevention in Win7)
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.