586,108 active members*
3,084 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Robotool cvm1

anyone know where I can get some operating manuals for a robotool cvm1?

Owner

I have the manuel. I only have one. I would be glad to copy and send or email or fax the thing to you.

Some of the pictures in the manuel are really bad.

The previous owner of my shop lost the primary disk to a flood. Do you have or know where I can get a copy of the master disk?? I can't make one and if the disk I have dies then the machine is junk.

Norman

I have a manual also if you can't get another. I would have to copy it.

Norman;
    I have had Dallas Miller out of Firestone Col. make me a Master disk. He used to work for Robotool and still has tools and programs for them. He has also made me a new servo board. He is good. Here is his info.

Dallas Miller
    (303) 833-2920

Do either of you know how I can get the programs off of the operating disks onto a desktop? I want to get them there to save instead of just on the 3-1/2" floppies that they are on. I had to send one of mine to Dallas to save onto another and it cost me $300.00 to do that. I have other things to spend $300.00 on.
    Thanks
    Ryan

owner

Ryan,

Thanks for the information. I had the name of another former robotool employee but....

I don't think that there is any easy way to backup the master disk. I would make another from the master and find someplace high dry and nonmagnetic ( you likely know this but ...). I think the formatting of the disk is lilkely propritory. ( or very old or perhaps mac based???) Don't know I tried to backup or copy the operating disk I have but wasn't able to. I tried everything I know how to do to make that happen. I am sure there is somethig out there that will do the job. I just havn't found it yet.

Thanks again

Norman

Hello,
    I am also looking for a master disk if anyone can help give me a call
    LAMMS Machine 610-797-2023

Thanks
    TIM

Robotool CNC Controller

Hello

I just wanted to let you know that I just listed a Robotool CVM-1 CNC Control that I just removed from a Acer knee mill.

It is listed on E-bay as item# 250100344569 Or just do a search for Robotool.

Hope it is of interest.

Thanks

David Vande Berg
    770 7th St. NW
    Sioux Center, IA 51250
    PH 712-722-1181 ext 112
    FX 712-722-0900
    Email [email protected]

Robotool CNC Diskettes

I am not sure, but seems to me the operating system may have been the old Radio Shack ?80 computer?

Please keep posting!

Just FYI, as long as the disk hardware itself is standard IDE, Linux could be used to make a bit by bit copy onto another disk. It doesn't matter what formating is used. I would try "dd" myself. Just make sure not to copy the blank drive onto the master drive

-Jeff
    www.JeffAlbro.net/cnc/

I am a former Robotool employee. If you need parts or service on your CVM-1 please contact me. I also can help you on the Veriform controller (the controller made by Colorado Numerical Corp).
    If you have the Robotool or the Veriform, you should keep my contact information.
    Tom Winn
    817-306-1966
    Fort Worth, TX
    Email: [email protected]

Machine is gone
    Tim

I can copy the master disk if anyone still needs it.

Talking Veriform control on Raider Mill

I have a Veriform Control on a 3 axis mill, The old 386 computer crapped out and I replaced it with my sons Dell pentium 3, I had to "patch" the CNC.EXE file to get it to run on the faster computer,this fixed the runtime error 200 and it works good now. If anyone needs it, I can send them a copy of the floppy with this patch. It is Veriform 1.51 w/DNC. I have also used a compactflash drive to run this software.
    my Email is [email protected]
    I also have Operating and Programming manuals I coud copy

Robotoool CVM-1

I have purchased a knee mill with a Robotool controller. What I need in order to put this into operation are two things: 1) The machine's maintenance manual (I have the operator's manual) and 2) A master disk. I'm new to this site and don't know how to input anything except a reply such as this. My address is [email protected] My phone is 405-615-8614. HELP

Robotool

Hey Tractorher,
    I have a Robotool CVM-1 also. I have the manuals but Im also looking for somebody to get a copy of the master disk. I've PMed Voidbeast a few times with no reply and I talked to Tom Winn who said he couldnt get me a copy of the Master Disk but would gladly make me operating disks for 50 bucks each. Still looking for somebody out there that can get a copy of the Master Disk though.
    Maybe between the 2 of us we can get what were looking for.
    Dave

I recently picked up a Robotool that looks like it has never been used much at all. It still has creosote on the ways! The CNC 1000 looks like the buttons have never been pushed as there is no visible wear anywhere on the machine. The control panel and CNC 1000 computer had not a spec of dust inside at all either. The machine was making wood parts before I got it.

I moved it to the shop and ran it through the auto home sequence a few times and stopped it short of completing it. It then gave me a stop limit switch error that I was not able to get rid of. This is my first experience with a CNC. I couldn't find anyone to help with this so I decided to just retro the whole control.
    If anyone needs anything from this old system let me know. I was not able to make a copy of the disk. When I lock the disk and insert it, I get a sector error and the copy prompts don't appear as it should. The disk will continue to run the machine either locked or unprotected mode.
    I have 2 manuals, operating and programming. Couldn't find a service manual. I met one guy who bought a Robtool new from the MFG here in Louisville. They would not even give him the service manual as it was top secrete even to those who bought a machine new. WOW He still has his machine but needs a servo amp which I could give him if he contacts me again. He had the original computer replaced and built a 386 and had a program written for it that works.

Anyway, I bought the electronics and VFD and am getting ready to build the control. I hope to use what I can of the old system to get it running and upgrade as needed. I have another enclosure I am probably going to use so I could let that go too if needed. I hope to start putting the new control together this week. The high voltage side I would like to keep if I could. If someone wants the whole control we can talk as I would need enough $ to replace what I was going to use for the new control.
    Robotool CVM 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails panel.jpg   enclosures.jpg