586,094 active members*
4,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V25 xml file missing

V25 xml file missing

Hello

When I try to run the toolpath verification this message appears when verify
    starts to load. Does any one know what it means.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick27 View Post
    Hello

When I try to run the toolpath verification this message appears when verify
    starts to load. Does any one know what it means.

Thanks
    It means that there is no XML file for the machine you have selected to use.

If you have created a new machine name and selected it as your machine and you haven`t set it up correctly there won`t be an XML file for the software to use.

Try using the default BC_3x_Mill setup, that is usually OK but you will probably still have to go to both the Part and Default settings to make sure it is set correctly.

Your XML files are stored in this folder on your PC :-

C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V25\MachSim

I don`t know whether you are on 64 bit or 32 bit installation but I have attached a copy of the original default BC_3x_Mill XML File 32 bit just in case you have deleted it accidently when trying to set up a new machine and you are on 32 bit installation..

Regards
    Rob

:rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:
    Attached Files Attached Files

XML File

Rob
    Thanks for the reply.I took one of their acramatic mill posts and saved it out
    as a arrow500.pst file. Is this where the problem has occured? When I post the toolpath it is using the post that I have specified as I see some of the changes that I have made within the post. When you run the verify what file is Bobcad working with, a intermediate file before the post or the actual nc posted file.
    Have been using Surfcam for years now. So there are a few things that are different .

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Slick27 View Post
    Rob
    Thanks for the reply.I took one of their acramatic mill posts and saved it out
    as a arrow500.pst file. Is this where the problem has occured? When I post the toolpath it is using the post that I have specified as I see some of the changes that I have made within the post. When you run the verify what file is Bobcad working with, a intermediate file before the post or the actual nc posted file.
    Have been using Surfcam for years now. So there are a few things that are different .

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark

Not a problem with the Post Processor, the simulation (verify) does not use the generated G code to produce the simulation it is a seperate thing altogether.

What you need to do is setup a Machine under "Milling Tools > Default > Current Settings", you need to set this area up for a machine, now you can either add a new one or use the BC_3x_Mill, my best suggestion would be to stick with setting that under the "Machine Parameters" tab, still under settings go to the "Posting" tab and use the "Select" button to get the Post Processor" you want selected there. Now click OK.

Now go back to "Milling Tools > Part > Current Settings" and under the "Machine Parameters" tab check that where it says "Make" the box shows the BC_3x_Mill, it should be "greyed out" but if it doesn`t show that click on the button with the 3 dots to the right of the "Make" box and select the BC_3x_Mill from the list, now do the "Posting" as in default to get the Post Processor you want showing.

Once you have done that go back to the "Machine Parameters" tab and double check that all is as you want it and the click the "Save as Default" button and the click "OK" to exit the setup.

Only do what I have listed if you are running 3 axis, don`t mess with anything else unless you are doing full 4th or 5th axis

Once you have everything "lined up" it should work OK

Hope that helps

Regards
    Rob

:rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

XML update

Rob,
    Wound up taking all the contents out of the MillSim
    folder on my 64 bit laptop and copying them to the
    32 bit machine and everything works fine after running
    Through the setups as you defined . The entire directory was
    Empty never mind the XML file .