586,082 active members*
3,732 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tool Set-up Sheets

Does anyone on here use the "Tol Set-UP Sheets" that SolidCAM can generate?

I have a need to standardise our documentation and I am looking at this facility as a possible solution. Of course, the design of the default sheet that SolidCAM package with the software doesn't meet my needs, but creating a new design in Excel shouldn't be too hard. However, I cannot find any way of getting the text in the 5 "Tool Message" fields into the spreadsheet for processing and this is a problem as I use these fields to store information such as insert designation, makers code number and the like. I am presuming that it is possible, but I just haven't found it.

If anyone has been down this road and tell me one way or the other whether it is possible, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

I wanted to use those fields for the sheet too. I think these can only be used for posted comments in the nc file only(when turned on in your .gpp file). I settled for the "ID number" in the tool parameters instead. It shows up right below the tool picture on the sheet.

I'm new at Solidworks so don't really know the real fix for this but if it puts out gcode as txt with the info in it then you could copy/paste into excel. A bit of work but it's set up how you need it.

The thing is I don't want to do any cutting & pasting - I am doing that at the minute and I am trying to automate set-up sheet generation.

Now I starting to look at third-party solutions such as TDM (hideously expensive) and WinTool.