586,094 active members*
3,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: LG3040?

LG3040?

Hey guys, looking at this small machine from G.Weike and wondering if anyone has one or any experience with them they'd like to share?

Cheers
    Build logs and other projects of mine: http://nqlasers.com/

Try Utube......there's a whole load of routers and engravers being test run etc.

Whatever you decide on check for ball screws as opposed to Acme or trapezoid.
    Ian.

Have tried youtube for that model number, do get a few videos but they're all by a guy speaking a different language, not all that helpful

Jenny from Gweike laser

Hi I can send you more vedio on our laser machine LG3040.
    Please add me on skype:ms.leizhang
    or MSN
    [email protected]

here attach some samples' picture as reference.
    regards,
    JENNY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG0983.JPG   IMG_2091.JPG   IMG_6029.JPG   IMG_6031.JPG  

IMG_2252.JPG   bar-aluminum.JPG  
    [email protected]

Hi Jenny, I tried adding your Skype but it says username not found. Do you think you could send the videos to my email address?

Regards

Jenny from Gweike laser

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Hi Jenny, I tried adding your Skype but it says username not found. Do you think you could send the videos to my email address?

Regards
    Yes, please give me your email address by private messge
    And I just log on skype.
    regards,
    JENNY
    [email protected]

My opinion is that the smaller machines really don't represent nearly as good of a value as the larger machines.

Obviously buy what you want and can afford, but I'd take serious consideration into investing into a larger machine. For a relatively small amount, you can double or triple your table size. Even if your plan is only to do small pieces, one day someone might walk up to you and ask to do some production job or a larger item and you're going to wish you spent the extra money on a larger machine.

I have one and it has been great. I use it for production work and before Christmas it was running 8-12 hours a day. My HV PSU blew a month ago but I got a replacement under warranty. If you don't have a lot of space the LG3040 is a great machine. However if you do have a bit more space available the LG6040N is not a lot more money but has double the cutting area.

My LG3040 was upgraded to a 60W tube which means it has quite a long tube housing bolted onto the side of it.

LG3040

Hi,
    Yes,our LG3040 is a perfect desk top machine,which similar to one of Epilog one,but competitive price

Best Regards
    LucyLee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    I have one and it has been great. I use it for production work and before Christmas it was running 8-12 hours a day. My HV PSU blew a month ago but I got a replacement under warranty. If you don't have a lot of space the LG3040 is a great machine. However if you do have a bit more space available the LG6040N is not a lot more money but has double the cutting area.

My LG3040 was upgraded to a 60W tube which means it has quite a long tube housing bolted onto the side of it.

We have a LG3040 from Hurricane Lasers (the 40w Floyd). It has been an excellent investment - only had it since mid December and already almost paid for itself. We do mostly awards engraving and personalization along with light cutting (plastic badges and some wood).

Hurricane support has been great. We have always been able to get someone from the support team on the phone during Pacific time business hours and they have consistently provided timely answers to all of our questions.

We highly recommend the Gweike machine and Hurricane Lasers in Las Vegas.

Awardmasters
    40w Hurricane Floyd