586,112 active members*
3,028 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > VM1 Tool changer air problem.

VM1 Tool changer air problem.

I've got a problem with a sticky valve somewhere. The machine has been powering up fine, shortly after power up, several minutes, I'd hear a rushing sound of air moving in the system. As of late it's been taking longer, at one point the tool changer faulted out. One time, the tool changer arm wouldn't move up when servo power was applied. Does anyone know which valve(s) I should be looking at? They look like they can be disassembled for cleaning.

Left side, top of the column is the valve that supplies air to the toolchanger on power up.

I took the SMC valve apart and cleaned it, don't think that was the problem. It seems like the reservoir is slow to fill, I took the check valve off and cleaned it. If that wasn't the problem then the valve/pressure switch on the RH side might be it.

What happens is after being shut down for a few days, I'll power up and it will make a tool change or two then fault. After a minute or so give or take, I'll hear a rush of air into the reservoir and then it's fine.

For the time being, I'm draining the air from the reservoir that way when I power up I'll hear whether the air enters the tank or if there is a delay. If the problem persists I'll clean the air pressure sense switch, I've never had a low air pressure alarm.