586,105 active members*
3,297 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Trying to find another lubrication system for routing steel and alluminum

Question Trying to find another lubrication system for routing steel and alluminum

I am working with just a 3 axis HAAS vertical mill. Ive been using a Accu-Lube two pump mister i assume. It just does not seem to pump as much lubrication as i would like. Ive looked on Travers.com and McMaster-Carr and i just don't exactly know what kind to get. My machine is not closed in just FYI (It's open with a vice on the "X" and "Y" axis. I would just like something that i can regulate down to a mist or flooding if i need it.

The Acculube is not a mister, it's a minimum quantity lubrication system. You shouldn't see mist coming out of the nozzle. There is a setting for how much oil the pump puts out and an air flow setting. If you download the instructions it has recommendations for how to adjust the system for different materials and processes. In the manual it says to get a piece of paper and put in in front of the nozzle. An oily spot that's translucent should form about the size of a quarter in roughly 15 seconds. That's how you tell if it's working correctly.

There really great units, but not a replacement for flood coolant on aluminum. They work great for milling steels and awesome on bandsaws and coldsaws.