586,102 active members*
2,575 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Radial finish

please help. ive read the help section in mcam and searches page after page in this section.

i have a part that needs a radius put on it. i model the part in sworks and save as a parisolid and import into mcam.

i have to raduis a corner on a surface between two walls. i modeled it with the fillets needed, so i could pick on surfaces to cut.

but for the life of me i can not get the radial point???? a buddy of mine showed me real fast on mc9(im using X5) and did one of the edges for me, it was all the time he had yesterday. but could not get anything to work at my shop

please help.

also, my mcam training is up(been a year and i still suck). I model everything in sw and program in mcam. would it be worth paying for another year? i still have to get better on the lathe, but have not been able to figure out how to use a model to do the lathe profile. and on the mill side, i still have to take features away so i have straight lines to pick geo from. so sometimes i have to program 4 or 5 times to get one part??

and lastly, is there anyone in fresno, CA that would be willing to sit down with me and give me some hands on training???? im struggling, my machine has been sitting for a day and a half, going in today and sunday on my own time to get this project finished.

thanks in advance
    forever newbie programmer,
    ron

sorry for this being so long winded

Uploading your solid model might help.

how do you do that? do you have to save it to photobucket first????

flowline worked. i hate sucking, it sucks. lol

hey tx, call me when you get a chance if its not to much trouble. finish editing this program and off to work.....

anyone chime in about advice on training, or being in fresno, thanks

To upload files, click on Manage Attachments in the Additional Options box when replying.

Sometimes working with solids, especially if imported from another source can be troublesome. Learn how to create your own geometry when needed.