586,058 active members*
4,260 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > I didn't see a place for mach 3 questions for my build?

I didn't see a place for mach 3 questions for my build?

Hi,

I am hoping some here has seen this issue before. So after 5 years I finally decided to try a diy cnc. So her is the situaction.

I have the machine build. motor hooked up, boards connected, mach 3 loaded etc. I can jog in mach 3 fine.

I loaded my code and it would not come out right. I came up a weird thing happening on my x axis motor.

If you go to my soft panel and press and hold x+ it moves fine. But if I press and release the x+ , and then do it again, and then again, it will move x+ direction, then x - direction, So when I hold it it moves the direction I'm telling it. if I press and release it will go + or - x? Anyone seen anything like that?

Quick update. I swapped x and y connection on the board. I just wanted to see if the problem would follow. I didn't. So it apprears that any motor connected to the x axis has the same problem. Hmmm? Main board or Mach 3 configuration.

Sorry but people will need more info on your setup, type of computer, ie laptop or desktop, type of drives, interface board if any etc. But a stab in the dark might be voltage levels from your computer, especially if it's a laptop which generally considered a no no as the port voltage is lower than a desktop, this can lead to strange happenings
    I'll get it finished sometime after I start it.....

Definitely not Mach3

The problem most probably is a hardware one - in voltage/logic levels from the printer port or the BOB and motor drivers.