586,371 active members*
3,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 6T controller - any good - do tell
Page 2 of 2 12
    That is right Deano, 6 controls doesn't need batteries since they work with a bubble memory, so, don't worry about that. But I recommend a memory backup, it is allwys usefull when you need to initialize the memory.

GP.

Quote Originally Posted by GPena View Post
    That is right Deano, 6 controls doesn't need batteries since they work with a bubble memory, so, don't worry about that. But I recommend a memory backup, it is allwys usefull when you need to initialize the memory.

GP.
    Memory back up you say.

Any ideas on how that's done?

I have read numerous threads on this forum of people that have machines that have lost parameters for some reason or another. Seems like a quick way to turn a money making machine into 4.8tonne of scrap metal

If you have the Fanuc manuals there it says hot to make a backup. If you don't I will try to explain.

Here is the reinit..
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

It comes with manuals. When I get it to my shop I will have to check it out further.

do any of you guys know if constant surface speed is available on this control.

from what i can tell it is a 6TB? it has the crt display?

attached a couple of pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGOiBQM5hF(S!Q~~60_3.jpg   $T2eC16dHJIkE9qU3lQ1iBQP1zT53iQ~~60_3.jpg  

most of the B2s Ive seen had black faceplates, but might not mean anything...open the cabinet, see if it has a ROM board with a bunch of eproms plugged in, or if theres like a dozen roms in 2 rows plugged into the top left of the motherboard...romcard=B2, all the ROMs on the mother its a A.

CSS should be there if you have a variable speed spindle...have seen a couple old machines with ac motors and hard gearboxes, but its not the norm. I dont know the options for a A, but think its same as B without the 300s? bet the book will have the CSS parameter settings if available, I think even the old 5t had CSS.

be careful on the CSS settings, think some older ones use g92 instead of g50 for max speed clamping, think 94/95 swap for 96/97 too? seems I recall hearing a screaming spindle years back when we ran steel and the guy didnt properly clamp the Smax in the program...we rarely run steel anymore, i havent set up anything for steel since a short production runoff we did in 93 on some retrofits, and a large diameter inconel thing that ran painfully slow...

Page 2 of 2 12