586,119 active members*
3,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Conversitional mode cutting a .5 pocket w .375 mill causing "Tool to big" alarm?

Conversitional mode cutting a .5 pocket w .375 mill causing "Tool to big" alarm?

Hi,

So I am trying to use a .375 mill to cut a .5 in wide slot and using conversational programming in "frame 2p" (#8) and "Pocket" (#4) mode and every time I go to start cutting the mill shuts off and says "tool too big" on the display!

Is there some secret rule I am missing? I have tried setting the radius setting from 0 to .5 and that made no difference. ANy ideas?

THanks

God bless...
    Mark

Is this programmed with G41/G42 cutter comp?

Hi

You do not say if you are using Ultimax or WinMax but if you are Using WinMax have a look in your Program parameter settings. Go to Milling 1 and set your Blend offset and Blend overlap to smaller values. If you are using the frame and Slot milling modes the machine uses this values to blend in to the programmed path/milling mode. This means that if the amount in the overlap is to big there is not enough room for the milling cycle to blend into the programmed path.

I is also know in the ISO codes as soft in and soft out when picking up the G41 offset in a radius.

Hope this help

Quote Originally Posted by Advena_SA View Post
    Hi

You do not say if you are using Ultimax or WinMax but if you are Using WinMax have a look in your Program parameter settings. Go to Milling 1 and set your Blend offset and Blend overlap to smaller values. If you are using the frame and Slot milling modes the machine uses this values to blend in to the programmed path/milling mode. This means that if the amount in the overlap is to big there is not enough room for the milling cycle to blend into the programmed path.

I is also know in the ISO codes as soft in and soft out when picking up the G41 offset in a radius.

Hope this help
    Hi, I am programming in Conversational mode via the keypad on the stock mill control cabinet. (I am pretty sure the KMBX-1 is too old for Winmax or Ultimax, isn't it?)

Your "blending Radius is too big.
    Reset it in your "milling Parameters" to less than .06 ( .5 - .375) /2= .060