586,096 active members*
3,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > "Not Ready" on a Fanuc O-M Controller

"Not Ready" on a Fanuc O-M Controller

Hello all, I am trying to get an older Chevalier up and running. It's ran off a Fanuc O-M Controller.

While working with it, I think I maybe have over traveled in two axis so it now has a weird "Not Ready" error.

I have tried the following:

Power down controller and power it back up. Did not work.
    Turn off entire CnC and power it back up. Did not work.
    Power down controller, and hold "reset" while turning it back on. Did not work.
    Someone told me to try holding down "P" and "CAN", power it back up. Did not work.

I used the "Reset Overtravel" to get the X, Y, and Z away from the limits. Then tried all of the above again and still did not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

most likely one of your overtravel switches was gummy and stuck after hitting it...find the switches, check them out...

you should never hold reset and boot a zero unless you are wanting to erase everything in the parameters, take a look in the 900's if they are all zero, you gotta reload everything before going any further

So I checked the 900s and many of the addresses have 1s in various bits at various positions so I don't think I cleared anything out.

As for the gummy limit switch, I went and held down "Reset Overtravel" to move my table to the X and Y limits and back. Everything triggered and was cleared once I got back into limit. So, maybe it's not the gummy switches?

Also, my "ATC Standby" light is on. Whether or not that is suppose to be or was before, I am unsure.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.