586,471 active members*
4,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Update

Update

Hate to keep pounding this drum.But seriously,it has been 4 months today since last update.At least offer a partial update to address some of the issues.The number one problem that keeps making me resort back to using V23 most of the time is no arc slow down.Unless you like machining at a snails pace or like destroying tools and leaving chatter in the corners,V25 is not a good choice to use.There are other things that have been mentioned that need fixed of course,but geez,can we at least get a patch or something for arc slow-down.That is a pretty important thing to be without for 4 MONTHS.

From what I understand we have made many improvements to the v25 and an update will be out soon.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Improvements are always welcome .BUT I be one Real satisfied customer just to fix what we have right now.

It will be an update, it s coming soon and you ll be happy. Hold on a little longer and it will be out.
    Al DePoalo

RhinoV5 is out and files generated by V5 will not import into BodCadV25. I tried to give that information to BobCad but they weren't really interested, they tried to sell me a support plan instead.

Feature Request

If you are having issues with importing files, please use the following link to report the issue.

BobCAM-CAM Software Issue Report, Feature Request | CAD/CAM | BobCAD-CAM

This information goes directly to our development team.
    Al DePoalo

Hopefully the update will include a fix to the auto-checking of the system tool checkbox when you manually select a tool.. I think that one is the most annoying... checkbox is off.. I go select a tool, come back and the checkbox is on and a different tool is selected.

I'd like to see the simulator show indexing without needing a separate machine setup for each, but can work around that with backplot.

...my current peeves for now.

BobCAD-CAM V25 Build 895

BobCAD-CAM Software Updates | CAD/CAM Software | BobCAD-CAM

CAD
    Added support for opening the SolidWorks 2013 .SLDPRT file format
    Fixed Re/Select option not working for the Rotate function
    Fixed an issue with the Offset function that caused non-responsive graphics on some systems
    Fixed a crash when saving multiple text types (italic, bold) to .dxf file format
    Fixed an incorrect label in the Undo command after creating a cylinder
    Fixed a system crash using Extrude Curve in some situations

CAM

Added V-tool support to the Engrave feature
    Fixed an issue with the Arc Slowdown % parameter output
    Fixed incorrect system values causing the Advanced Pocket to not generate toolpath in some situations
    Fixed errors when trying to use a sharp chamfer tool in the Pocket feature
    Fixed selection mode not being cancelled when changing to Enter Origin in the Machine Setup dialog box
    Fixed finish tool being reset to rough tool diameter when using System Tool in the Profile feature
    Fixed Multiaxis Roughing Ramp Length and Stock Clearance values being improperly converted
    Changed the sequence numbering being reset at first tool change to not be reset
    Fixed an issue with the 4-Axis Rotary feature Clearance Plane value
    Fixed an issue with the 2-Axis Advanced Pocket Clearance Plane value
    Fixed a modality issue with inverse-time feedrate output
    Added inverse time feed mode support for Wrapping features
    Fixed Plasma programs not outputting proper feed-rate values when changing the feed-rate value
    Fixed programs outputting negative R values for arcs
    Fixed a system crash when importing a Tool Crib
    Fixed the Profile feature not generating toolpath when the geometry intersects
    Fixed the Drill Overall Depth outputting incorrect depth for Drill in Tap and Ream features
    Fixed an incorrect default angle value when creating a dove-mill tool
    Fixed the Peck cycle being turned off when a Center Drill Depth is edited in a Drill feature
    Fixed the geometry preview not working in Drill features when using points

Machine definitions

Fixed machine definition templates creating incorrect default direction vectors
    Fixed machine definition improperly scaling metric machine files
    Fixed refresh issues when creating a User Defined machine

Posting

Fixed mill function MILL_GetArcAngleDegrees() returning radians instead of degrees
    Added the tool_name and tool_label variables, and the MILL_Get_ToolType() function for the tool change and post block 110
    Updated the Mill Scripting Function Reference topic in the Help system
    Fixed an issue launching Mach 3 from BobCAD-CAM x64 systems
    Fixed Advanced Posting – PostName.CustomEngraveVector – not being output in the 3D Engrave feature

Simulation

Fixed invalid collision pair error in standard simulation when using Toolpath Mode
    Fixed an issue with the taper tool not simulating properly
    Fixed an issue with the T-cutter not being positioned properly in simulation
    Fixed various simulation issues (indexing, accuracy, tools …)

System

Fixed shortcut keys not being saved in a non-administrator Windows user account
    Fixed .stl files being imported using the Settings Part unit instead of the Settings Default unit
    Fixed incorrect button labels in Print Preview
    Fixed a crash when selecting Print Preview immediately after opening a file

Help

Fixed search problems in the Help system caused by invalid single-letter shortcut keys being created
    Added some missing Simulation help topics
    Updated the Mill Scripting Function Reference topic in the Help system

BobART

Fixed an issue with importing Vector files in BobART
    Fixed an issue with the Edit Image Using Paint command in BobART

BobNEST

Fixed drilling cycles not being posted to nested geometry in BobNest
    Fixed Nesting programs simulating without any stock
    Fixed some systems crashing when computing a toolpath using Part in Part (PIP)
    Fixed Nesting error Can’t Normalize Null Vector being displayed when selecting a tool that is too large/li>
    Al DePoalo

Banner!

Just a quick glimpseSimulation Presentation appears to be fixed also.BUT 2D Engrave still shows no rapids.It worked in earlier versions and yes it was submitted for fixing.If you do a lot of engraving and have clamps,it is necessary to have this.Looking at simulation doesn't cut it.Please fix this.

ooo... looks like the index simulation might be fixed... that would be cool. [Update after trying it: Sadly not so]
    And a V-tool for engraving is nice. although I discovered yesterday that I apparently can't use a T-slot cutter for any machining operations...

Also note the update will reset your machine definition and defaults-- they are still there, but need to be re-selected.

Something's wrong with this update. I just installed and when I opened it all my toolbars, CAM Tree Window, Post Manager Window, etc. are all the same as what they were before they update...

Just being a wise guy, it wasn't mentioned in the update and maybe I didn't notice before but I didn't have to reset anything except the machine definition. Good so far and thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    Something's wrong with this update. I just installed and when I opened it all my toolbars, CAM Tree Window, Post Manager Window, etc. are all the same as what they were before they update...

Just being a wise guy, it wasn't mentioned in the update and maybe I didn't notice before but I didn't have to reset anything except the machine definition. Good so far and thanks for the update.

The first thing that I did before I updated was to make sure I still had a snap shot of my Icons on my tool bar.Sure was nice not to do house keeping after update,eh?????Banner !!

One thing else that so far seems to be really coool,,when double clicking to open V25,,it opens waayy faster.Very nice.
    Overall the software seems more ""stable"",,less glitches and flickering and stalling...........
    2d engrave wit V tool supported +1,,,still no rapids shown in tool path -1.....
    Still think Simulation quality was better on initial release of V25.This would be on 3 axis Mill Pro.Maybe I need to fine adjust some things.Engine Guy(Rob),,,how is this for you now????

I don't get it. I seem to have to reset the machine definition for every part I have drawn. Once it is set for a old part I am working on it is fine after that. But every part that I open tells me I need to set the machine definition. Is there a way to set it so it always works with all the parts I have drawn in V25? I'd hate to have to change it for every part.