586,403 active members*
2,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > ???Dropping Tools during tool change???

???Dropping Tools during tool change???

Daewoo CNC Machining center is dropping tools ocasionally during tool change, has anyone else experienced simallar problems and any ideas to resolve them would be legendary.

Cheers Ed

What type of Daewoo is it? What part of the tool change sequence is it dropping the tools?

We have a Daewoo horizontal that likes to do that occasionally as well. Start by looking at the magazine chain. Are all the tabs still on the pockets? These tend to break every once in a while. If they are all there, you might just need to tighten them back up. If it is always dropping the same tool, chances are it's either the tab on the pocket or the pull stud on the end of the taper is worn out. You will see lines or flat spots on the stud if it's worn out. If so, just replace that and you'll be good to go. If it is dropping random tools, chances are the arm is either loose or bent out of alignment. Those are the only things I can think of. I tend to use a lot of four-letter words while running a Daewoo.

mx dropping tool

This problem can be one of many problems, that have occured with the machine, you can contact me for further details

thanks

I didn't realize I hadn't replied, after tightening the tabs we haven't had that problem for some time.

Cheers

Ed